As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

EitB Bug Thread

I've got a bit of a mystery. Molach's trying to join our game (EitB25) halfway through, but he's getting errors.

(June 24th, 2013, 00:54)Molach Wrote: ...just clicking the thing yields:

[Image: 85e8.jpg]

(June 24th, 2013, 01:10)Molach Wrote: When I try to load from in-game
[Image: 1zx9.jpg]

Don't worry about assuming that I'm stupid when it comes down to what I could be doing wrong...it will probably be something stupid that's going on.

Perhaps I need to configure my system to the "start with a adventurer"-mod?

The odd thing is, as best we can tell, both the file and his system are correct. He was able to play an entire EitB PBEM (26), and we've made it to T86 in the one he's joining, without any problem. I believe everyone's on v9.

Anyone have a guess as to what's going on? Maybe there was a different version of v9 posted at some point, I have 9.0 and Molach has 9.1?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Sareln built a modified dll to fix a Nox Noctis crash, so there is kind of a 9.1 version. See post 126 in this thread.

Whatever Molach's issue was, it was solved by downloading the mod from my dropbox - which I think I got directly from Sareln. Are there differences between the current version and the one I have here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16549110/EitBv9.exe ? Is one more correct? Does it have the Nox fix incorporated, for example?

Not urgent anymore, but it would be nice to know - I had no idea there was a division. Also would be nice to know if we can substitute the correct Nox dll without breaking our game. And that I can play the next game without causing problems, for that matter.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

I had it Noxgraded, that's true.
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

(June 25th, 2013, 17:24)Molach Wrote: I had it Noxgraded, that's true.

I think that must have been the problem. I tested - if I substitute the correct Nox dll, then I get the same error, and it's reversible.

Edit: which means it wasn't a bug at all
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(June 25th, 2013, 17:24)Molach Wrote: I had it Noxgraded, that's true.

That's a hilarious way of putting it.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

What's the issue with the Nox Noctis? I don't think did anything other than a v9 install so I'm slightly worried something could go wrong in 28 reading this.

(June 26th, 2013, 16:49)The Black Sword Wrote: What's the issue with the Nox Noctis? I don't think did anything other than a v9 install so I'm slightly worried something could go wrong in 28 reading this.

IIRC, v9 of EitB will crash if you build the Nox Noctis without adopting Esus as a religion.

I personally don't have the fix installed (experienced the bug in XXIII, and I suppose I wouldn't be able to play in XXV if I had patched it). Not sure about the other players. But I think it'll be easy to address if it comes up, and maybe won't even be relevant.

(June 26th, 2013, 17:06)HidingKneel Wrote:
(June 26th, 2013, 16:49)The Black Sword Wrote: What's the issue with the Nox Noctis? I don't think did anything other than a v9 install so I'm slightly worried something could go wrong in 28 reading this.

IIRC, v9 of EitB will crash if you build the Nox Noctis without adopting Esus as a religion.

I personally don't have the fix installed (experienced the bug in XXIII, and I suppose I wouldn't be able to play in XXV if I had patched it). Not sure about the other players. But I think it'll be easy to address if it comes up, and maybe won't even be relevant.

If I'm reading Sareln's post correctly, it's building, capturing, or losing Nox any time you have lost a unit that turn.
See here: http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthrea...#pid315500

Building it is probably safe, so long as you do that first thing in your turn. But I don't see how you can lose Nox without losing a unit, and capturing it freely also seems unlikely.

So it's probably safer to ban Nox in any game where the players haven't applied the fix. Although anyone playing without Lock Modified Assets can probably fix the game midway through.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

It was a very embarrassing bug for sure smile
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1