As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

LEADER/CIV:

The process voted on to use for leader/civ generation is as follows:

Quote:Day 1 - generate 17 random pairings and post in team threads. Team responds yea or nay. Yea leaders/civs are removed.
Day 2 - repeat for all nay teams. Again, yeas are removed.
Day 3 - double nay teams are auto-assigned

Your first generated Leader/Civ combination is:

Cyrus of Egypt

Please state in bold in your thread whether you want to keep or reroll this combination. If you do not keep it, you can have up to 2 more combinations generated for you.

Okay, that's...hum. Okay but dull leader, good civ. I'm on the fence; Kuru, have any thoughts?

Chm is good; +2 smile and lower XP thresholds, while Imp is kind of weak, just 60% settlers, doubled GG, and cheap Custom Houses, fwiw. Warmongery with War Chariots could be fun, but economy is lacking here.

Egypt on the other hand...WC are still excellent, and Obelisks offer some very fun options...early shrine in an 18-civ game is amazing. On the other hand, a bit dry.

On the gripping hand, Stargate and Egypt go together amazingly well. But I could do it with any civ. wink
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I more and more want to reroll, strong as this can be. I want interesting, and Chm/Imp isn't. Definitely want to hear your 2c first.

Cyrus is just too weak for peace time. He would be great if we were to be cramped somewhere with bunch of people... That is likely with 18teams? But again, if we scare people off our lawn Cyrus has nothing going for him besides happiness which is good for early whipping for army... Egypt would require some trick playing and that means we could easily fall into that trap where we plan something and proceed to do that without any doubts. Techs as far I know are good, but supposedly nerfed because of ah-hunting pasture change(why is it bad again? Ability to skip it is lost?)
I am up for a reroll.
Yeah, I'm not happy about my past behaviour either. shakehead

You definitely should use the Goa'uld and not the humans for your theme. Far better fitting smile.

(July 16th, 2013, 02:26)Rowain Wrote: You definitely should use the Goa'uld and not the humans for your theme. Far better fitting smile.
[Image: tumblr_lyszsigY141qm36c1o1_500.gif]

Excellent, let's reroll and see where we go.

Cue lurker dismay.
[Image: tumblr_mbxsl1kL2v1qa2tq1o1_500.jpg]
Refusing Egypt War Chariotry? Wacko!

I think if we went with this combo we'd need to find ourselves two pair of pants to accompany it.

I am scared of pindiscooter thread.

(July 17th, 2013, 07:09)Kurumi Wrote: I am scared of pindiscooter thread.
Heh, just accept it, they're winning the post count unless killed off *very* early.

Also, can we haz combo?