As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 13 Settings Discussion

(July 17th, 2013, 11:24)yuris125 Wrote:
(July 17th, 2013, 10:37)plako Wrote: This is hopefully pretty casual game. I don't care if someone gets some minor benefit from a reload that someone else wouldn't even bother to ask. Don't be a jerk is by far the best rule also here.

(July 17th, 2013, 11:23)pindicator Wrote: Also, something that will go a long way in helping the game move smoothly is if you see the timer running down and people haven't played yet then please pause the game for them.  At the same time everybody should try to play their turns timely so there are no pauses; but between turn splits in wars and real life sometimes intervening stuff can happen.  Ultimately the pause is going to be faster than having to deal with a reload, and people will feel better about playing the game if they know everybody wants them to have a fair shot regardless of a little inconvenience on the turn timer.

Fully agree with these 2 posts
I don't need to say anything, everything is already said smile

+1
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

(July 17th, 2013, 10:24)Ichabod Wrote: How do you get the production bar cleared bug?

I'm fine with whatever regarding reloads.

No idea how or why it happened. I just logged into the game and discovered that production in my capital isn't set to anything, though last time I checked (previous turn) it was set to build Stonehendge. As a result, I lost a whole turn of production.

(July 17th, 2013, 09:29)scooter Wrote: Misclicked and lost a worker turn? Don't ask for a reload, that's crazy.

What if your dedicated lurker/overlord gets drunk, blacks out, logs into the game, mis-clicks (or perhaps he decides to get jiggy with it), and wrecks a detailed 50 turn micro plan that took dozens of hours to create?

Darrell

I would ask for lurkers to give their input in your thread in any questionable circumstances
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(July 17th, 2013, 12:49)darrelljs Wrote:
(July 17th, 2013, 09:29)scooter Wrote: Misclicked and lost a worker turn? Don't ask for a reload, that's crazy.

What if your dedicated lurker/overlord gets drunk, blacks out, logs into the game, mis-clicks (or perhaps he decides to get jiggy with it), and wrecks a detailed 50 turn micro plan that took dozens of hours to create?

Darrell
Probably best to get another overlord. lol
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

(July 17th, 2013, 10:53)Bigger Wrote: hmm, I didn't realize that. seems like a mistake to me, not like an espionage economy is so broken people are always running it.

oh well smile.

EP economies are so broken that sometimes people DON'T run them.

well ok. but it requires constitution, democracy, communism (especially communism) to really do it right. And usually the person that has all 3 of those techs is winning and close to getting a concession. How often on RB has a 2nd or 3rd place team made it to those techs in a still competitive game?

I know popping a GS from the great wall could unlock it sooner, but there's probably a reason no one does that either, and I don't think its from a sense of fair play tongue
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(July 17th, 2013, 02:26)SevenSpirits Wrote: I joined Serdoa's team. Maybe you all will get some more reporting out of this.

Of course, I couldn't join Ichabod as he has accused me of always riding other players' coattails to victory. So I had to pick an underdog.

Do you know what I'll do?! I'll let Serdoa win just so I can prove that my theory is right! rant

FYI . I've been running a test game. Espionage missions Sabotage Building and support city revolt are still there. I think other changes are there.

I don't think it is crucial to fix these for this game.

retep Wrote:Hey Brick just a question, I read that there are still an opening to play PB13. Although I said before that I couldn't play I receive some good news today and it looks that I would have more free time that I though.
I want to know if you already roll the maps for the game? If not I would like the free spot. I'm happy to go with any random combo left from the others. Could you make a post in the tech thread if there is still time and look if the other players agree first? I would do it myself but I have to run right know.
I understand if is to late already though just checking.

So retep sent this along to me earlier today. I've checked with dtay and he said there wasn't an issue letting retep go on his own, he hasn't talked about crucial info, and since retep said he didn't mind leader/civ randoming with whats left I don't have any issues from a game moderator/mapmaker perspective. So I'll put this up here to see if you would mind a late joiner so that we can be back up to 18 teams.