As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

good! cannons, cannons, cannons smile
power graph looking great. military parity favors the defender, and status quo favors you, I think.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Turn 164

So this galley will sit here just in case Azza leaves a couple of rifles vulnerable in cs_compound.

Next turn is the crucial one - if Hydra doesn't declare I can think about spending my upgrade-money on getting scientific method and double-bulbing Physics for airships to keep track of his troop movements or on researching Military Tradition.

I have a feeling he won't declare - mostly because he's been putting some work into these cities on his west. But I'm going to complete Theology this turn to revolt to vassalege next turn if he does.

My draft cycle is almost complete - I have the globe in Halifax and 13 other eligible cities so I will avoid drafting Barnet unless it's vital.

Power after ending turn

Demos after ending turn

I also got Christianity founding in Lancaster on my northern Hydra border, dunno if that's good though, I don't get any culture for it.

Whoa...nobody's gone for Theology all game?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(July 22nd, 2013, 13:55)Commodore Wrote: Whoa...nobody's gone for Theology all game?

We're all pretty peaceful types...

lmao @ Christianity being founded in 1700 A.D.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Yeah, I can't believe we're still crucifying people in the renaissance...

In this world, I sure can.

...but seriously. You've all been in OR or Pacifism all this time?

Serdoa and I have! Hydra and Azza skipped to free religion though.

As SPI I don't think I've got an excuse, except that I've spent the whole game trying to catch up on more important techs...

No excuse for them either; Free Religion means that Christianity and Islam ought to have been attractive. Not really critical, more dumbfounded.

I assume Theocracy is incoming for you now?

The map is pretty resource-rich, so I don't think anyone has been stuck for happy. That's probably why I've enjoyed this game so much.

If Hydra attacks I'll switch to Theocracy, if not then I want to stick in OR to get enough commerce buildings up to overtake him on tech (the gap is narrowing). I can switch again next turn and I'm tempted to come out of Police State/Nationhood back to Rep/Bureaucracy, but that's pretty risky, so I think I'll get some airships in the air to see what he's up to before taking that step...