As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[BTS] Civ IV Newbie Succession Game - Monarch - Beginning now!

Come on guys we're stalling lol

last resort, we'll skip both of you and I can play the turnset right now. Tasunke?
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

Bah, I'll play the set. I was waiting for Hart

okay! we're rolling.

No Pictures for now ....

I started a minor war with the Zulu ....

we lost 1 warrior, they lost 3 workers and 2 impis

(technically I deleted the warrior so he wouldn't get XP)

---> They WILL accept a 10 turns peace at this time ... however I think we can capture/destroy one of their cities in the next 3-5 turns .... its their southernmost 'near' city, which I have labeled with ATTACK in tags.

I think 2 axes and 1 char minimum could be enough to do the job .... 2 axes should be enough, but 1 char might be enough collateral in case anything goes wrong (but we ARE facing two impis ... one of our axes has City Attack 3)

So anyways, you can make peace if you want, but I think we can nail em with at least 1 city loss before we do smile

(just try not to lose any/too many troops ... cause then he might not offer peace anymore)

Attached Files
.zip   Succession.zip (Size: 167.13 KB / Downloads: 1)

Hart, are you going to be able to take the save?

Should we temporarily skip hart?

I'll give him a few hours to maek poast

then i'll take the save this afternoon and play.

Yes, skipping me would be a good idea for today.

done. i'll grab the save and play this afternoon.

Had some free time this morning, so I played my turnset now.

Overview at t200

We have seven cities, all with reasonably good development. We have a low power rating compared with the AIs, but that is normal.

We are at war with Shaka and I plan to capture the southeasternmost city then offer peace.

Other goals - finish courthouses and markets where possible, finish construction after civil service, and start working on irrigating a few of our food resources once CS comes in. Oh yeah, and turn on research so CS comes in at some point.

I whipped some cities for their production - Shakuras for a courthouse, a market in Aiur, plus a few others

Busy workers developing our newly renamed new cities of Antioch and Zerus (formerly Amsterdam and Utrecht)

Ready for the attack on Shaka's city. I brought two chariots and three axes.

Success! Two axes each win, no losses. I set my two chariots to chase off after some retreating workers and capture them both using the neutral roads a couple of turns later.

It's worth a try....but he does accept a white peace. Not for long...

I send some axes down to check out the barb city that spawned in one of our backfill city locations. It turns out to only be size one, so I post up the axes in the forest nearby and wait for it to hit size two so we can capture it without razing it. It's right where we want our city, may as well save ourselves the cost of a settler.

Ragnar comes asking us to fight Saladin of the Arabs. I decline.

Saladin comes asking for us to fight the Vikings with him. Our relationship with the vikings sucks, they are the only civ with less power than us, and they are way behind us in development, not to mention being on the other side of the continent, so I agree to keep Saladin happy. We won't send any forces off of course.

Founded Char in one of the northwestern locations.

Shaka declares war on us again shortly after this. His stack isn't impressive, only a few swords, impis, and catapults.

I whip a few units on some of our border cities to help us survive, and clean up an impi that was prowling around the barbarian city in the south. That gives us a great general, who I fortify in Shakuras for the next player to decide whether to settle him or get a GG unit.

Turn 220 overview

We founded an extra city, Char, we captured another one, Chau Sara (formerly one of Shaka's cities), and we will be able to capture the barb city of Illinois soon. I think it will be only 5-10 turns before it grows to size 2 IIRC. If the next player wants to raze and replace, our three axes can do so easily, but I would suggest waiting - we are only at 30% science sustainably, a third new city will be too much.

We are still at war with Shaka thanks to him being a pissy little jerk, but he shouldn't be able to take any cities from us. We have Civil Service, Construction, and Iron Working now, and are on the way to Metal Casting.

There's a barbarian galley about to pillage Aiur's food resource. We don't have sailing yet, so we can't even make a galley to stop it, let alone a trireme. That might be a goal for the next player - get a navy in the water.

Attached Files
.zip   NewbSG-t220-Dhal.zip (Size: 185.86 KB / Downloads: 2)