As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

These guys also know how to avoid a food deficit.

Edit: The theme change... lollollollol goodjob

(September 17th, 2013, 20:31)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Edit: The theme change... lollollollol goodjob
This, you mean?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(September 17th, 2013, 20:34)Commodore Wrote:
(September 17th, 2013, 20:31)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Edit: The theme change... lollollollol goodjob
This, you mean?

These guys would qualify, I think.

Edit: These guys too.

It is done.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0178.JPG]
[Image: tumblr_lzotheh2mX1rpb2beo1_500.jpg]

Soon to be done:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0177.JPG]
Toronto (and horses) ho!

So scary stuff just happened, and imma let you guys see, but first...trade maps with Azza, so it just now hit me:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0070a.JPG]

Theme change means workers get shiny new names (Canadian professions). Military is up to "not bad", although Mardoc's Company ended their scratch-less streak with massive damage, tragically. S'okay, we're fine now and Quebec will bang out the settler for Toronto soon, so chariots will supplement the forces.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPG]

I moved to settle the cows/gold/oasis spot, Regina, and yikes...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0068.JPG]

I bulled ahead. Between Boldly's archers and Krill's C1 warrior, I think I'm okay. Even so, that's going to leave a mark! Glad I whipped the archer. Mardoc is finding more and more food, nice cities over here.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG]

(September 10th, 2013, 09:38)BRickAstley Wrote:
(September 8th, 2013, 20:47)Commodore Wrote: Dear Santa Brick,
I wanna elephant an' some fishes an' a whale an' some sheeps. Please.
Sincerely,
-Commodore

P.S. Please don't have made this an isthmus.

You get plains cow as far as the eye can see.
smug

(September 17th, 2013, 17:25)Krill Wrote: I thought Thoth wasn't playing in this game.

I'm not....and I'm already doing the Canadian theme in XXVII. tongue

Edit: And you seem to have East and West mixed up. neenerneener
fnord

(July 30th, 2013, 17:34)Krill Wrote: Commodore, you suck at scouting.

Haven't seen much to disprove this, though neenerneener

T66, and you have great knowledge of the rest of your continent, but just now have a clue about this peninsula/isthmus/subcontinent that's probably your best direction to expand next. My company stopped one tile short of seeing both that eastern fish and that deer, for like five turns!

Do you know how much it hurts to bite my tongue when you are complaining about foodlessness with fish and deer literally one tile outside your vision? For a week? hammer

-----

Where are you expanding next, anyway? Am I right that you're coming east, or is there something more nefarious bubbling in that scheming mind of yours?

-----

Thoth, how would one know? You could easily have changed your scheme in the last month since you reported shakehead
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(September 19th, 2013, 08:50)Thoth Wrote:
(September 17th, 2013, 17:25)Krill Wrote: I thought Thoth wasn't playing in this game.
I'm not....and I'm already doing the Canadian theme in XXVII. tongue

Edit: And you seem to have East and West mixed up. neenerneener
You're in that game? mischief I'm clearly going for a Canada's-eye view here, it's Mirror-Canada!

(September 19th, 2013, 09:04)Mardoc Wrote:
(July 30th, 2013, 17:34)Krill Wrote: Commodore, you suck at scouting.
Haven't seen much to disprove this, though neenerneener

T66, and you have great knowledge of the rest of your continent, but just now have a clue about this peninsula/isthmus/subcontinent that's probably your best direction to expand next. My company stopped one tile short of seeing both that eastern fish and that deer, for like five turns!

Do you know how much it hurts to bite my tongue when you are complaining about foodlessness with fish and deer literally one tile outside your vision? For a week? hammer
Heh, I was actively chasing and attriting barbs first; imagine how sad I'd be if there had been *four* barb warriors coming for Regina. But yeah, food is good...

(September 19th, 2013, 09:04)Mardoc Wrote: Where are you expanding next, anyway? Am I right that you're coming east, or is there something more nefarious bubbling in that scheming mind of yours?
Expanding next? ALL OVER. Well, kind of. I'm finishing off a settler in Quebec now for the horses and jack-all-else spot...it's not amazing, but if I'm going to firewire myself on a long empire I need mobile defenses like yesterday. Chariots o' fire!

Then it's another round of workers, then I'll be settling Montreal (west fishes/cow spot), Baffin (silver island), and Calgary all at once, then try and fill out the rest of that wooded eastern peninsula ASAP. Then I'll need to vertical a while, I suspect...even just on Fin coast if nothing else.