As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

[Image: funny-Canada-different-news.JPG]
So I'm sure you guys in the global lurker cloud know that dtay razed a city of TBS/Jowy, from a check of the religion screen it was the Jewish holy city, ouch. So no more free spreads there...but Judaism has *not* died out. Check out N-core with the free religion! Wish I knew the details of the Germano-Indian conflict, there's a story there.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0076.JPG]

Meanwhile, I am being barbarian'd unto death, y'all. Mardoc, your boys better perform up to spec.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0077.JPG]

...and elsewhere, I am getting every single barbarian from the Foodless Wastes now that the Vikings have a wall. banghead
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0078.JPG]

Heroic Epic, no problem.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Oh, Canada.
Yeah, I'm not happy about my past behaviour either. shakehead

Wait, the barbarians have equal military weaponry now? Who authorized that? If I survive, I'm coming home to hunt for the traitor!
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(October 6th, 2013, 08:28)Mardoc Wrote: Wait, the barbarians have equal military weaponry now? Who authorized that? If I survive, I'm coming home to hunt for the traitor!
Darned if I know why, but they are getting dang annoying.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0256.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0257.JPG]
Been dancing this settler for three damn turns...
[Image: funny-Canada-different-dance.JPG]

It's almost embarrassing how samey this is all getting...
[Image: funny-Canada-different-entry.JPG]

Killed axe, good deal, but got mauled and another is coming in...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0261.JPG]

...and got mauled even more embarrassingly with an axe vs barb warrior. I'll never settle this land.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0262.JPG]

Alas, our first real casualties are the riders of Rohan Rowain.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0266.JPG]
Our heroic unit is going to be Boldly's guys, but we'll always remember our sacrificial riders...
[Image: funny-Canada-different-polo.JPG]

(October 8th, 2013, 20:42)Commodore Wrote: Alas, our first real casualties are the riders of Rohan Rowain.

Our heroic unit is going to be Boldly's guys, but we'll always remember our sacrificial riders...

One shot at glory.

By the year 700 BC the fifth tribe had expanded east and west from sea to shining sea. The Tau'ri by then had formed a national identity based on politeness, peace, and the utter exploitation of their vast forests. They were the people of Greater Canada, the great buffalo of the north.

The newest cities of Canada could not be more different; in the far west Montreal was settled on a forested peninsula. Great cattle herds from the interior were the city's first primary reason for existing, although later the city would be famous for its fecund banks of cod and perch, becoming easily one of the most food-heavy cities in Canada. The port of Montreal was also the gateway to the western islands, explored around the same time.

In the far east, Calgary was founded in the middle of the hills central to the vast Asgard Peninsula. A tough mining town, Calgary was a place of long winters and cold, meager meals of dried beef. It was a rich city, though, for all its inhospitable environs.

The gold and silver of Canada were slowly becoming standardized currency, although not as quickly as in some places. Canada would never be a place rich in food but vast stores of ore and lumber made the nation of the north one of the richest and most productive in the world.

Canada and its people were still expanding; the cold north was still wild and unsettled all along the margins, and the islands in the west beckoned; with the imminent advent of a national currency more trade routes were going to be maintained, and that meant the markets of Ellesmere and beyond would soon be filled. The Tau'ri grew in their cold northern nation, and were content.

Things are looking up, eh?

(October 10th, 2013, 09:19)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Things are looking up, eh?
[Image: PANIC.gif]
Way to jinx me!

8 cities, ought to have 10 by turn 100 with a second IC-TR city and Currency. Yeah not too bad. Long term still feels pretty grim but that's just me being dour I guess.