As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I agree - we wait.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

My apologies to the players (I'm lurking Fintourist and Old Harry if you don't remember); I accidentally clicked on a couple threads and the lurker thread (in tabs) thinking I was in the PB16 forum. After a moment of extreme confusion, I realized what I did and exited them, having learned nothing since they were just the opening posts. This is what I get for switching browsers and losing my thread-blocker. rolleye

I appreciate the patience regarding last turn. I can play normally from now on, barring some other eventualities.

can we disqualify hydra please
he is a dastardly villain

preferably burn him at the stake also

^ They've tried before, it didn't work.

Fintourist, I'm just pointing out in case there's something that can be done with firewall settings or similar: your logins lock me out of the game, and I think everyone else as well, which is frustrating during a multi-hour session. I know that sometimes nothing can be done and that these turns can take a lot of planning.

Edit: nevermind I see you were already aware:

Fintourist Wrote:I'm sorry for the inconvinience, I have spent quite a lot of time trying to open every f***ing port etc.

Still, maybe a plea to keep logins under an hour if possible and see if there's any way to do planning offline?

(November 11th, 2013, 12:37)WilliamLP Wrote: Still, maybe a plea to keep logins under an hour if possible and see if there's any way to do planning offline?

If you want to play, just log in, and I'll get the message and log out immediately!

That has been my practise all the way, I'm logged in only if nobody else is and give space to other players and finish the turn later (or OH does it). I know that even this is frustrating, but I've really tried everything to fix that problem.. I would need someone more capable with computers to do it for me.. shakehead
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(November 11th, 2013, 12:46)Fintourist Wrote: If you want to play, just log in, and I'll get the message and log out immediately!

I don't actually get bounced, I just get the "connecting" message, and go back after about 30 seconds or so. (Maybe it would time out if I waited long enough). So I'm not sure if you see when I'm trying to log on?

But anyway, it's not a big deal, the game has been moving well.

(November 11th, 2013, 12:53)WilliamLP Wrote:
(November 11th, 2013, 12:46)Fintourist Wrote: If you want to play, just log in, and I'll get the message and log out immediately!

I don't actually get bounced, I just get the "connecting" message, and go back after about 30 seconds or so. (Maybe it would time out if I waited long enough). So I'm not sure if you see when I'm trying to log on?

But anyway, it's not a big deal, the game has been moving well.

Aha? I think it should give you "cant connect to player" - message after around 10 sec of waiting and then I get the message and log out within the next couple of seconds. If this does not work I really must stop logging in..

Well, as a conclusion, I'm sorry frown It's really frustrating for me too. I think I'll give another try to this soon, but I fear that I don't get it fixed before I buy a new computer..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3