As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(November 14th, 2013, 07:49)Goreripper Wrote: How is the town phase plan going?
From memory, 21/30, with ten more turns to go. I'll make it no problem, it's the village phase with an additional 20 that's going to be hard.

Welcome St. John's, 14th and next-to-last without conquest city if the Passage is a bust. It shares yummy fish and owns a lovely grassland iron tile; this puppy is a nice little city. Also was a net even at 100% gold thanks to Azzarothian trade routes. My economy feels very robust; this is Victoria, folks. She is 100% the best Imperialist leader for a map with water, nothing like settling hard and being able to pay for it with raw commerce.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG]

So. Here is my hope, and the hope of all of Canada. Destiny depends on this and this alone; shall we find the North-East Passage to a lush land of deer and more deer? Can we beat retep, Pindicooter, and/or WilliamLP there?
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG]

...we'll see. Meanwhile, we need culture in Saskatoon! In the form of the Apostolic Palace! crazyeye
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG]

Yeah, I know. Go big or...don't, though. shades
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

So. If there is a connector tile, it is flatland, but I can't quite make it out...next turn, fate of my game is determined.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG]

So for now, I'm moving in hope...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG]

surely you've seen enough fog gazing to solve this mystery here and now...

But in the meantime I'll take another helping of melancholic hope!

(November 15th, 2013, 23:28)Ceiliazul Wrote: surely you've seen enough fog gazing to solve this mystery here and now...

But in the meantime I'll take another helping of melancholic hope!

lol If you're not taking your flying camera down to sea level and looking for elevation changes you're not fretting over it enough to despair.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Would the flying camera reveal Ice floe tiles?
fnord

Yeah, any non sea tile should have a visible outline as long as you can get a lighted area behind the tile you're inspecting and the camera, so you can read the shadow. I've seen ice that way before, not always identified as ice though, sometimes I can't tell it from a regular land tile.

Probably not worth obsessing over, though, I usually don't see what I think I see anyway.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Yeah, I know how it goes, but...
(November 16th, 2013, 08:48)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Probably not worth obsessing over, though, I usually don't see what I think I see anyway.
Don't trust my bias here. tongue

Still holding my breath, think I'm gonna pass out....

(November 19th, 2013, 07:34)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Still holding my breath, think I'm gonna pass out....
You and me both. frown Actually, unless that land 2NW of the galley extends 1W more, it's a mixed review: Passage possible, but only by settling there and then popping borders. So I'll need to figure out what makes more sense, sending a settler longways around, or just biting the bullet and going MC->Machinery->Compass->Optics next. Hell of a birthday present, Brick. cry

Here is Core Canada, by the way. Very very happy now with some tribute from the Vikings (incense from their front city Bills for free) and a gold/gems trade with my buddies down in China. nod

(November 19th, 2013, 07:45)Commodore Wrote: So I'll need to figure out what makes more sense, sending a settler longways around, or just biting the bullet and going MC->Machinery->Compass->Optics next. Hell of a birthday present, Brick

Fitting for Portugal wink