As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

Outstanding!

Nicely done, a (good) poem for the imperialist age written toward the end of Victoria's long reign. Nice on topic touch there. thumbsup

Just don't follow it up with one of Kipling's more infamous (IMO) poems if your imperialism runs over some backward civilization one day. That would get a thumbsdown (the poem, not the conquest. Conquest is ordained by the Civ gods! lol )

[Image: 2afe81i.gif]
Yeah that's Puerto Rico clapping for the Phillipines. American Imperialism! cringe

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Awesome Commodore. goodjob

(November 21st, 2013, 07:47)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Just don't follow it up with one of Kipling's more infamous (IMO) poems if your imperialism runs over some backward civilization one day. That would get a thumbsdown (the poem, not the conquest. Conquest is ordained by the Civ gods! lol )

http://youtu.be/V46AsFo1QA0

flower
fnord

Ah yes, but The Explorer is perfect for this Imperialistic Canadian: Taking vast empty lands. Which are just more and more ridiculous every time I see them, by the way. nod My only limitation is going to be hulls; I need more galleys to move the settlers and missionaries and workers...plus, obviously, more work boats. Just wow.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG]

I've finally turned back on tech, and...I really hope someone is in a golden age right now. Ow. Anyway, I'm doing decently enough but I'm decidedly behind the leaders right now. Either dtay or mackoti just got Music, the other birthed a Great Artist naturally. Only really good thing here is my population, means I've got some nicely tall cities.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG]

My own pitiful great person situation needs hasty rectification; Montreal is growing one more turn and then it is going to work a pair of scientists for a great one in eighteen turns. Late, I know, but the Academy will be timed well I think for my then bureaucap. The capital is sitting decently well on Great Engineer points, and building the Hagia Sophia will actually mean the second GP can be a GE without too much effort. Good for Ottawa!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0048.JPG]

The next largest city after the capital is poor Quebec. It was great for the longest time, but it is finally suffering the grim fate of all well-placed second cities, sharing out its prime tiles and just sort of chilling. It'll get three more riverside plains cottages for the village phase over the next couple dozen turns.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0050.JPG]

Operation Fiscal Jackhammer status: 27 cottages worked.
...so five turns to make three more cottages to meet phase one's goals. thumbsup
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Somebody has -127 exports-imports yikes

(November 22nd, 2013, 11:40)flugauto Wrote: Somebody has -127 exports-imports yikes

I believe that is impressive. I think. What is more interesting to me is that I have OB with one guy, Azza, and we're...net zero.

(November 22nd, 2013, 16:41)Commodore Wrote:
(November 22nd, 2013, 11:40)flugauto Wrote: Somebody has -127 exports-imports yikes

I believe that is impressive. I think. What is more interesting to me is that I have OB with one guy, Azza, and we're...net zero.

The Vikings are considered barbarians and block traderoutes. mischief

Growing my capital is some kind of classifiable addiction, isn't it? Clearly nobody else shares it as intensely. Although dtay's is finally on here by brute strength alone; tile yields say he's the guy in the golden age and holy crap did he settle on a flood plain?
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG]

The core is working on silly things like "growing" and "cottages" and "infrastructure" while in the wild west east we're working on the more essential fundamentals like "building all the missionaries/settlers/work boats". Ed here is going to be cracking the whip fairly often, so MP is needed...and the overflow with natural mine production and a chop will finish a second settler for the Eastern Arctic Greenlands.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG]

One more cottage to go finishes next turn, and Town Phase complete, with three turns to spare.

It's my most favorite time of the game!
[Image: 2zpp69u.jpg]

Colonization, folks. We're taking settlers from our minimally established frontiers and putting them naked and unprotected on still further frontiers; something lost over the ranges, we must find it! We need a tithe of workers too after the cities these first two settlers settler; they'll be seafood-fed initially. I need more everything actually. And hulls to ship it!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG]

The western frontier is more or less done, and St. John's is going to be doing nothing but grow for the next couple dozen turns. It'll find its happy place, probably size eleven, then gives back the fish and plains cottage (currently forest) to Montreal and stagnate on a pair of mines, a couple cottages, and good clean Financial coast. nod
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0058.JPG]

(November 24th, 2013, 14:50)Commodore Wrote: I need more everything actually. And hulls to ship it!
Relief is coming, baby! That's right, another galley will be added to the bus route, and as can be seen Winnipeg will be contributing too whenever I can stop growing. We're going to swarm over these (surprisingly extensive) lands like lice on your mother's head, yessir. Just need to find enough workers to build us a good solid transshipment route over the island interiors.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0062.JPG]

The Hagia Sophia won't help with road building on normal tiles, and sadly chops still take three turns, but chopmining and chopcottaging are getting nice and efficient, so that's good. I've been mulling over Ottawa a bit as Bureaucracy nears. I'm going to insta-revolt, because the biggest city in the world needs to be boosted, ya know? Then up to size 17 and I'll still get the wonder in the same ETA thanks to the hammer bonus. I think next I'll be taking advantage of the planned new techs (Metal Casing for forge and Compass for harbor) and sit pretty at size 19, working an engineer who along with the wonders will be making a lovely 7 GE points a turn. Aww yisss.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0063.JPG]

Nationalism takes what again? Sure would be cool to rush the Taj...