As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(December 8th, 2013, 10:17)Krill Wrote: Auburn is in Alabama according to Google (I just checked). Which, I suppose, makes it a yokel university.

EDIT: I'm trolling Brick. I'm sure it's a great university. Please don't ban me!

There, someone more british to showcase it to you. Though they focus more on the bands and fans than the game.

Devon will show what I'm currently contending with in the hard push up from 16 cities to 20.
Potential: Very excellent. Expense: HIGH. Still, it's paying for itself.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0099.JPG]

I'll be able to 1t Metal Casing once the Academy is online...I have zero, zero excuse for it taking this long to get one.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Barbarian AI Question!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0100.JPG]
These warriors, will they leave to hit a missionary?

In my experience, barbarians that fortify on a hut will not leave the hut for any reason, but I am by no means an authority on this.

I did a quick test, in a later time of the game to step aside any beginning of game barbarian issues, and the barb warrior did not budge wit a juicy missionary next to it.

Huts lobotomize a single barb. That warrior won't leave, but if another barb enters the space, one can leave. I don't remember whether it's always only the new one that can leave (probably), nor whether - if the old one can leave - the old one could leave on the same turn the new one arrived (seems unlikely).

I concur with Seven.

[Image: url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&c...8859826941]

Danke, all. Noticeable to the sharp-eyed, my score jumped up a great deal. Got the Hagia Sophia. wink So my workers are now Quick Speed, except for chops, which are a mere 2t each. jive So awesome. Greenland and Greenerland are totally going to appreciate this. The capital, meanwhile, is going to get a touch unhealthy if I can't get rice from someone. NEED GROWING.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0101.JPG]

What's tragically undergrown is sadly Ellesmere here, my Moai site. It'll whip a spear and then another axe or missionary for overflow into the stones, then finally the poor abused site can stop being hit and just grow on good solid Financial Moai coasts. pat
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0102.JPG]

Barbarians aside, the other news of the turn of course was yet more metal being found. I actually think I'll still keep Victoria where it is and make a small filler city north for whales/coasts/dry plains/tundra watermill. nod
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0103.JPG]

twirl

Why will Pindicooter let me have Greenland/Greenerland?
[Image: iceisles.JPG]

So again, we're completely certain that barbs don't leave off guarding villages, right? If so I'll be parking a juicy missionary/settler combo due south of this warrior next turn, then the archer will move into the newfound city of Victoria the turn after as her borders free the warrior from the hut burden. This is going to be one hammerlicious city!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0104.JPG]

Here's Core Canada. I'm overall happy with my core; what it lacks in quality it makes up in character. Axel Heiberg is three turns from founding; the next Project will be courthouses while flashing enough military to keep the Vikings looking elsewhere. Ottawa is about to be unhealthy because I'm an idiot and forgot to hook Ellesmere's sheep. Good thing the theme isn't Scotland or they'd be a pretty sexually frustrated lot.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0105.JPG]

Demos. Uhhhhh let's move along lads.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0106.JPG]

At least my temples and monasteries will be adding to that MFG next turn!