As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(December 11th, 2013, 10:05)Commodore Wrote: At least my temples and monasteries will be adding to that MFG next turn!

For maybe two turns? Your neighbors have knights and you are putting the Apostolic Palace on the border in a flat city.

I'm pretty sure but boy would I be nervous as heck moving them there anyways

Heh. Well, someone pushed "Die to Barbarians" up to first place recently...
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I am blameless. mischief

Oh my sphincter is a-puckerin', that's fer sure.

(December 11th, 2013, 11:43)Commodore Wrote: Oh my sphincter is a-puckerin', that's fer sure.

You did sim it. Right? Right?? Riiighhtt.... cool

(December 11th, 2013, 11:43)Commodore Wrote: Oh my sphincter is a-puckerin', that's fer sure.

And to ensure that the vikings look elsewhere for their refreshing bloodbaths, you choose to found an island named after a Norwegian, whilst playing as Canada, with a rl. history of hostility between said states regarding ownership of the area?

(December 11th, 2013, 10:25)Goreripper Wrote: For maybe two turns? Your neighbors have knights and you are putting the Apostolic Palace on the border in a flat city.
Where better to deploy my "prayers and good thoughts" defense?

(December 11th, 2013, 13:17)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: You did sim it. Right? Right?? Riiighhtt.... cool
That sounds suspiciously like work...

(December 11th, 2013, 14:13)SadGit Wrote: And to ensure that the vikings look elsewhere for their refreshing bloodbaths, you choose to found an island named after a Norwegian, whilst playing as Canada, with a rl. history of hostility between said states regarding ownership of the area?
Heh, I chuckled at that, and I might well found the Ringnes' isles as well. Fortunately, historically literacy is not among the powers my foes possess.

Barbs, sure. 8 move viking galleys, not so much.

Turn One Hundred and Thirty Nine. Making a point, hopefully one that will be taken in the spirit that it is intended. Friendly, kind, with a loving care that also says I WILL KILL ALL OF YOUR KNIGHTS IF YOU COME UP HERE SO GO AWAY.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0110.JPG]

Halifax isn't much good for food, but its great for hammering out pachyderms. The food situation is annoying me, but I only need to grow a little higher. It's third in line for corn after Quebec and Toronto, though. I am kind of accepting that I'm just going to be micrioing the food situation around the lake cities all game. Eh, it's not too bad; stagnation will be Halifax 2t, Quebec 1t, Toronto 1t...just keep moving, just keep moving...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0109.JPG]

Toronto is the third in the Lake Cities, and it's the good one. I'm farming the riverside tiles, they're not much but they pay for themselves and they're hammers. Lake, cottages, and the few hammer tiles...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0108.JPG]

Let's not look at the ugly and unpalatable marginal cities. Let's look at this screen instead. Massively better, right? nod Best city in the world...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0111.JPG]
...and it's not forbidden, but I got a new Palace. smile