As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

So I am exercising a little caution; I decided to kick off the research chain a turn early to allow crossbow flashing against the Vikings. Also, ridiculously, Ottawa had a bit of overflow so the forge only takes 2t. plainfood, eat your heart out, this is the best capital in the world now and forever. I need Paper soon; a little overflow will enable me to bang out a seven-turn University of Sankore.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0132.JPG]

Researching, I have some pretty decent beakers...only beat by Plako in a golden age and dtay researching full-bore on Liberalism, I think. Crop yield is decent, as it has been all game, while MFG is kind of pitiful, as it will be until Universal Suffrage puts all my women to work. Nothing else remarkable, except for I guess land area showing why Financial is still the best trait on a watery map. nod
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0134.JPG]

I'm going to fail my 20 by 150 goal by a couple turns. frown Still, this settler will be landing soon on the fair coasts of Greenerland whilst the war elephants make me a bit safer. I don't plan on hitting William with dribs and drabs; I'll wait for a pair of carracks at least to isolate his horrid little city.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0133.JPG]

Fiscal Jackhammer is at 44/50 with five turns to go; I ought to make it! Here's a pretty shot of the bulk of Canada.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0135.JPG]
...now let's get seven courthouses and a forbidden palace to actually use that commerce efficiently, eh?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Nice. smile Though the city marked as Trailblazers is actually Valiants.

(December 18th, 2013, 20:43)Zed-F Wrote: Nice. smile Though the city marked as Trailblazers is actually Valiants.

a map made in 700ad has a wrong city name? Most maps made around that time were missing whole continents! Love the map, especially Sanguina. Maybe some fresh maple syrup and Canadian mounted police would cheer them up?

(December 18th, 2013, 21:45)Ceiliazul Wrote: Love the map, especially Sanguina. Maybe some fresh maple syrup and Canadian mounted police would cheer them up?

Maybe! They have a whole half-continent full of Greeks bearing gifts so I might play jackal. We'll see; Greenerland is mine post-Optics though (always with the caveat of the Vikings).

This gets silly.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0138.JPG]
Popped another one! twirltwirltwirl

Also, just precious.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0137.JPG]
Bad luck on the tech timing there lill' guy...

Before:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0148.JPG]
[Image: 6a00d8345190c169e20176165d6247970c-800wi]

After:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0149.JPG]
[Image: CoinTossAnimated.GIF]

So you bought Mardoc a mace. Does he know how to use it? He needs training before being thrown into combat! neenerneener

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(December 20th, 2013, 08:53)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: So you bought Mardoc a mace. Does he know how to use it? He needs training before being thrown into combat! neenerneener

Nonsense, these things are easy. You just point toward the enemy, depress the cap, and aim the spray at their eyes. Wait for them to tear up. Then hit them over the head with the can.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker