As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] IT and Tech issues thread

I wasn't... Game unpaused now. 4 hours on the timer.
I have to run.

Game on.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

I'm going to be unable to play from ~10:00 GMT on the 24th until ~23:00 GMT on the 26th.

Sorry guys but I'll need a pause for those days. smile
fnord

Sorry guys need to reload. Missed my turn. I was at a badminton competition all day.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Just so we're clear, if we could reload it and then pause it that would be ideal. I don't know if I can stay awake (it only 6:30) because I'm just so exhausted.

*Rants at Civ4 for not autosaving when someone ends turn and/or logs out*

Did you pm Caledorn?

I guess the christmas season is upon us, with nobody around to notice the turn being missed and pausing. Should we ask for a 240 hour turn timer while we're at it?

Edit: I pm'ed Caledorn about a reload.
I have to run.

(December 21st, 2013, 06:22)novice Wrote: *Rants at Civ4 for not autosaving when someone ends turn and/or logs out*

+9000

Quote:I guess the christmas season is upon us, with nobody around to notice the turn being missed and pausing. Should we ask for a 240 hour turn timer while we're at it?

That sounds like a good idea.

Quote:Edit: I pm'ed Caledorn about a reload.

Thanks. smile
fnord

I've just checked the forecast (and listened to the sounds of the tree branches creaking under the weight of ice from last night) and we're expecting another 10-20mm of freezing rain in the next 24 hrs so there is a non-zero chance I'll be without power for some time over the next day or two. frown
fnord

I'm very pressed for time at the moment, but I will reload in a few hours. I will also increase the timer to 999 for the holidays at the same time (takes effect on turn flip though).
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Game reloaded from Thoth's autosave. 3h 45m left on the timer, so if Thoth doesn't see this soon, can someone please pause the game for him? smile

I also increased the timer to 999h, which will go in effect as soon as the turn flips.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"