As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(December 21st, 2013, 18:56)Krill Wrote: So, what unit is now named after me? Last I checked you got me killed rant

All the workboard, surely. popcorn

(December 21st, 2013, 19:10)flugauto Wrote:
(December 21st, 2013, 18:56)Krill Wrote: So, what unit is now named after me? Last I checked you got me killed rant

All the workboard, surely. popcorn
I'll be miffed if your unit bites it easily this time.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0156.JPG]

So I've reinforced Bathurst and I'm about to whip in walls; the next objective is to ensure WilliamLP can't easily chop away all the forests at Dotmap Fail. My woodie mace is here in that hope; if he pushes everything back at the city I might double back; there is a nonzero chance he pushes back with his chariot but my C1/shock archer and slightly discomforted CG1 crossbow *should* be able to stop that.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0154.JPG]

I'm investing into this fun so Victoria is where the Forbidden Palace goes; so I'm going hard to slam out as many courthouses as I can as fast as Vicky needs 'em up to the seven (huge map, large sizewink). OR makes it pretty okay, basically about as easy to whip as they were pre-slavery-nerf. Not too bad.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0155.JPG]
Mackoti has Paper and a Great Engineer. He might choose to make me a very sad pope. scared
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Will wonders never cease? The turn, she rolled! Now it's going to wait until Thursday for Ichabod, but hey, progress, right? I was just heading off to work so I didn't finish, but here's the situation around Bathurst. I went ahead and whipped walls in/upgraded the shock archer to a longbow, so we're fairly safe there for the nonce. Now it's all about pestering his workers with my woodie mace. nod
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0158.JPG]

Enough with that war crap though! We're here and loony up in the syrupy heart of the north, and we've finally got a decent picture of Greenland. Hey look! Mackenzie King, city for crabs, coming up.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0159.JPG]

I spent a bit of time with paint, looking over maximizing Greenland since its where the forbidden palace is going. I love this stuff; witness now the fruits of my labors:
PROJECT ESKIMO DAWN
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0159ed.JPG]

looking good!

What, no iceball on the NE peninsula?! Madness.

TURN 150:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0669.JPG]

Nope! Wait. This empire is better or comparable in absolute terms, although much much worse in relation to its rivals:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0168.JPG]
I would love to see these two duel...pity that's not possible.
[Image: canada-flag.jpg]

Sheesh. I mean look at that tiny, worthless little waste of a capital!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0677.JPG]

Much better. Best city in the world. A whopping 60% of my economy surplus? Right. Here. And a good wonder incoming, although hardly a Great Library.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0163.JPG]

Here's a few other notable cities; I'm not about to enumerate the virtues of all nineteen. For starters, my second biggest city is here Montreal; it'll eventually be something of a GP farm but for now I'm just growing and such. Courthouse comes in momentarily...I need it. scared
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0164.JPG]

It's a terrible city but it's a good one; Regina, seen here with a baffling lack of a lighthouse. What it lacks in food tiles it makes up for in great hammer tiles, though. The NE tile is awaiting the day a busy worker comes along and builds a fort; we should be able hold this sucker as a critical canal should the Vikings ever get a suicidal yen.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0165.JPG]

Finally, the "capital" of the eastern mainland, dear Vancouver. Once it grows next size it will swap the deer and two coasts to the plains cottages north, comfortably bumping along at 10hpt while putting out the Financial goodness. Goodness knows we need the goodness. shakehead
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0166.JPG]

Ye Olde Economy is looking sad during this refractory period, but it least it has an excuse. Manufacturing is limp for no good reason at all. Crop yield is pretty okay. Soldiers...less said, the better.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0167.JPG]

Finally, as Sankore would tend to imply, I landed Paper, so let's see what the Christian World (read, everyone not Plako or Bacchus) is up to.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0169.JPG]
Just...[Image: emot-stare.gif].
[Image: 16-GS0819.png]

I'm going to have to troll for responses a little better, aren't I? Okay, lesseee...

Damned Vikings are uncultured and horrific heathens, destroying the last Jewish stronghold in their rape of Rome.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0180.JPG]
The Way truly is narrow; few indeed come by it. Wise and clever of me avoiding a Great Prophet plan, eh?

Axel Heiberg is Canadian, through and through, as is all the arctic! Stupid Norwegians try to claim it, but they are useless and weak, just brewers like ole Axel was. Canada is America's Hat, and thus is far greater than Europe's Misplaced Dong, Norway.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0179.JPG]
Finally got some food in this worthless hellhole. Also Brick this should have been fish if in ocean.

WilliamLP's pitiful and useless longbow-piling is going to be worth nothing once I get carracks in the lake yonder. Newbies suck at this game don't they?
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0178.JPG]
Hubris is going to have me upgrade my fleet in Somerset. This cannot possibly go wrong!

lol good observation re: the death of Judaism... is WilliamLP still a newbie?

otherwise excellent trolling, keep it up! I think overall post counts are down and people aren't reading due to the holidays. looking forward to it heating up again!

(January 7th, 2014, 10:28)Ceiliazul Wrote: ...is WilliamLP still a newbie?
His dotmap says yes. His not overrunning retep now say yes. His tangling with me? We'll have to show him why. Triremes on the way, knights to soon follow.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0190.JPG]

Turning GNP into power is a good idea, I'll let my lovely assistant Miss Demoscreen show why:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0188.JPG]

Working on the MFG problem has a bit of a different solution.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0189.JPG]
Temples, monasteries, and forges ho!

yay for the full fledged monk economy! I cant be bothered to look it up, does Angkor still give priest hammers in Rbmod?

how far will your triremes and knights venture? I bet you find yourself wishing for a trans-arctic travel mechanic... that would be sweet here.