As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(February 9th, 2014, 17:19)Ceiliazul Wrote:
(February 9th, 2014, 17:14)Commodore Wrote: shakehead

Hey, they just passed that big farm bill, maybe you can collect some crop failure insurance!
I just need failure insurance:

Led to...

I cleaned up a knight with the mace for another GG, but still, no more of that.

Elsewhere, my awesome Hagia Sophia workers finished a mine in one turn! ...teleporting back the work boat. alright

I also finally flipped some farms, stagnating two of my food-weak cities at pretty decent sizes. Calgary is golden...

...while Saskatoon is mulling over spiced wine.

Ottawa isn't stagnant yet, though! MOAR CITIZENS. I'm involuntarily spewing forth some sort of Great Somebody soon, which will be Kremlin, shrine, or Physics with luck. Man I love this sucker, even without Oxford.

...I'm pretty nice in the GNP category, though. cool Saving gold my gpt is only slightly below the Vikings; my beaker rate is third behind them and Mackoti. Let's turn that into some nice and comforting rifles.

If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Looks like FM+Victoria+Portugual=Gimme dat GNP.
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

Can we get a look inside one of the newish iceball cities? I'm interested in trade route profitability. Also, a look at another with the feitora.

Mulling over spiced wine haha

Tell me you've got a Yellowknife icebox

(February 14th, 2014, 22:57)Hashoosh Wrote: Mulling over spiced wine haha

Tell me you've got a Yellowknife icebox
On the roadmap.

Also coming soon, a completely foodless city for marble and iron! I name it for a Canadian place famously kind to The Devil's Touched, gingers.

21 and not even close to done.

Also, rifles, and in 3t, galleons!

(February 12th, 2014, 16:51)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Can we get a look inside one of the newish iceball cities? I'm interested in trade route profitability. Also, a look at another with the feitora.

bump

Well huh.

On the one hand, it's a terrible dotmap. But on the other hand, Free Market. So...yeah.

Then I saw the gripping hand. A conga line of Viking ships, all along the eastern sealanes. Really?
[Image: DrKevorkian.png]
It's my RB calling, apparently they feel like Mackoti needs to win this one.

where are their ships?

(February 18th, 2014, 23:06)Ceiliazul Wrote: where are their ships?
Sneaking, nasty hobbitses norsemens... I saw more before, mid-turn.

They made peace with Mackoti, so I'm sure they're looking for adventures. My objective: to show them that it would not be a quick ten-turn jaunt here against the rifles of Canada. I have a Rifling monopoly; nice as grenadiers are rifles can at least stand toe-to-toe against them. I'll be flashing a galleon too, in a couple turns...the message to take home to your children is "your crap will get burned in a MAD orgy of destruction if you go thisaway." We make the same gold saving, too, so playing the upgrade game...I got more crap in my near cities, thanks to hereditary rule.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm vulnerable. Power ain't great, food and population ratios show how terrible my food situation is...but I can still be unprofitable. Plus, when I whip down, enjoy the foodlessness and only-profitable-due-feitoria coasts, guys!

Honestly if they don't try to snipe some TBS cities they're idiots.
(February 18th, 2014, 09:50)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(February 12th, 2014, 16:51)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Can we get a look inside one of the newish iceball cities? I'm interested in trade route profitability. Also, a look at another with the feitora.
bump
5+3+3=11x1.25. Profit!

10+10+8=28x1.25. MEGABUCKS.

So I guess it should be noted that the ridiculous margins in Greenland/Greenerland are due the cities' close proximity to Victoria, my first Forbidden Palace city ever in RB gaming! It's been a huge winner. Eskimo Dawn is well underway in Greenland as you see, I'm shipping in a million workers to activate a simile plan for four hammer-heavy Greenerland cities: Project Arctic Thunder. Also Imma gonna cram in one more city in Greenland, hell with it.

Farcical arctic REX aside, the REAL boost to the economy is of course Oxford; the sixth and seventh universities finish in four turns, giving me just enough time to squeeze in an observatory here in Ottawa. This is such a freakin' redonkulous city, y'all.

There ya go, eh. Canada, 1220 AD.