As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(February 22nd, 2014, 20:28)Ceiliazul Wrote: obv, this requires another groundbreaking post on some aspect of grand strategy. Or rank each civ as their equivalent type of stellar body or something... popcorn

False. This requires Canadian spam.

[Image: Canadian%20spam.jpg]

So, if you don't feel good aboot Canada, at least you didn't roll America. Before...

[Image: bieber1.jpg]

After... cry

Real life sucks.

(February 22nd, 2014, 22:59)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:

Oof, that hurts worse than the loss of the medal! Maybe we can still deport him on drug possesion charges??

(February 22nd, 2014, 14:30)Ceiliazul Wrote:
(February 22nd, 2014, 13:45)Commodore Wrote: By the way, I realize I'm a bit of a backwater here...are you all still enjoying my reports, or is my advanced irrelevance making every Commodore update a "dangit, stop covering over the real players" thing?

Now way! Ranking pop and tech, where are you now? You said tied for 4th, still feel that way?
Fifth place over all, but now no longer tied.

Predictions! Game will end thusly:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0478.JPG]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

cheap! you didnt predict who would die and who would claim which land! (popcorn)

Why did you put William above Ichabod?

(February 23rd, 2014, 20:56)Ceiliazul Wrote: cheap! you didnt predict who would die and who would claim which land! (popcorn)
Sure! Note those are final standings, not current.

THE GOOMBAS
[Image: 184px-Goomba.PNG]
Dhalphir.
Somehow not dead yet? Plako just birthed a GG, I suspect his last city is about to fall here.

The Black Sword.
Dtay is eating his Final Island from the north, and now Pindicooter are eating it from the south. He's toast soon.

Suttree.
Somehow also still not dead? He's got three cities, either Mack or Finarry will finish him shortly.

Azza.
He's giving a manful fight; his die-hard defense is punching Bigger out of the contender list for good. But he's still doomed, alas. Poor Azza. frown

Quest Boars.

[Image: Boar.png]
Bacchus.
He proved himself the proud owner of a good 45lbs of solid cast-iron testicle by capping a Viking city, but they just DoW'd him. He'll be crippled, then eaten...Plako should hit him next. And WilliamLP, if he gets a chance. Enjoy Valhalla, Carthagianian warlord.

Bigger.
He's going okay, even now researching Replaceable Parts, but he's got an Azza Problem still, and he's a good place for the Viking navy to hang out (near Mackoti). Plus, he's near Mackoti.

Ichabod.
Now this is the most controversial one. He's been beating up WLP a bit, and has a nice big empire...but Finarry are lean and hungry, Dtay is about to be unoccupied, Willie is still extant, and Plako is near frigates and very near to the south. It's neighbors, neighbors, neighbors.

Midgame Bosses.

[Image: Rainbow_Islands_boss_demon.png]
Finarry.
Easily one of the best teams here; in terms of sheer skill, maybe third or fourth? But unable to break out thanks to Mackoti. They're Mack's white whale, and Mack murders dudes. Still, if Pindicooter do win, it's because of these guys' skills stopping Mack.

WilliamLP.
All he's gotta do is survive Ichabod for a while longer. He's got an intensely land-bound empire. I've looked at it, I wouldn't want to crack it this side of tanks, paratroopers, and bombers working in concert. He'll survive, I think, just on sheer landward size.

Commodore.
Pindicooter are 90% of my neighbor, and 95% of my worry existentially. (Dtay is a neighbor, but he can't take my land without Viking permission. Pindicooter might hit me, if Mackoti smacks them around solidly enough, but that'll be a long while yet. I hope. shhh

The Other Girl.

[Image: Lucca2.png]
Dtay.
Best newcomer. Can't make the close.

Plako.
Monster. But nothing like Darius/Viking or mackoti monstrous.

PLAYER CHARACTER.
[Image: Samus(clear).png]

Mackoti or Pindicooter come first. Pindicooter have all the material advantages. Mackoti is far less fragile emotionally. War is a stoneplated bitch. I'm betting Mack.

Max width!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0487.JPG]

(February 25th, 2014, 09:00)Commodore Wrote: Max width!

... should be accompanied by screenshot tag!

holy gold saving batman!

Are you going to explore that fog patch north of your empire? You never know, you may be able to squeeze two or three more cities up there if you find some ice floes up thataway.

How about a dumb RB Mod suggestion: First player to circumnavigate either (cylindrical) polar wrap gets a prize. Maybe the prize is a free whales resource. Or an event in the game's event log. "Commodore has proven that the North is cold." Or whatever. This is not a very serious suggestion, btw.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon