As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(March 22nd, 2014, 18:20)Old Harry Wrote: Thanks for the PM Krill, it looks like it was the shortcut I set up and not any problem with the mod. I had the shortcut:
Quote:"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="\RB Mod 2.0.6.4" ini=C:\civ4ini\CivilizationIVpb18.ini

With a customised .ini file to point at Caledorn's server. If I launch BTS and then load the mod it works fine.

Yeah your shortcut needs to be
Quote:"C:\Program Files (x86)\2k Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="mods\RB Mod 2.0.6.4" ini=C:\civ4ini\CivilizationIVpb18.ini
I have to run.

I am pretty sure that 'mod="RB Mod 2.0.6.4"' will work too.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(March 22nd, 2014, 17:27)novice Wrote: Did you unblock the zip file before unzipping it?

What do you mean by unblocking? Are you referring to the Win7 user access rights nag?
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Laugh at Boldly Going Nowhere who changed his in-game name to BGN so that his civ's entry wouldn't wrap in the pitboss monitor.

(March 22nd, 2014, 19:17)Ruff_Hi Wrote: What do you mean by unblocking? Are you referring to the Win7 user access rights nag?

If you don't unblock it, all unzipped files will be tagged as coming from another computer, and Windows might refuse to run your CvGameCoreDLL.dll.
I have to run.

Something just occurred to me: having research visibility on a civ with high score is useless. Is there any way to remedy this?

(March 22nd, 2014, 21:57)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: Something just occurred to me: having research visibility on a civ with high score is useless. Is there any way to remedy this?

What do you mean? Anyway if you don't want research visibility on some civ meet new players and change your EP targets in the espionage panel. I have a feeling I didn't understand what you meant in the quoted post though.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I think he means that having research visibility when you can't see their scores and therefore not what they are researching, is useless.
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

The tech being researched is shown in the score display which overflows off the screen.

I guess you just need to run the game at a higher resolution if this becomes an issue.
I have to run.

Oh. I can see everyone's scores, hah! This is just the advantage I need to grab my first victory.