As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

When do you plan to launch your next GA?

P.S. any chance of a 57 save soon?

(March 24th, 2014, 14:06)Krill Wrote: What are the plans for Ottawa, going forward?
-Obsess unhealthily about it.
-Love it and snuggle it and never ever ever let anyone say anything mean about it.
-Grow back to size 23 and roll the WHEEL O' GREAT PEOPLE for golden age or Pentagon. (Next turn, get one, 41% odds for a GE c'mon!)
-Make a levee, factory, power plant, enjoy muchas hammers.
-Let Baffin and newborn Manitoulin suck hind teat:

If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(March 25th, 2014, 21:07)Commodore Wrote: -Grow back to size 23 and roll the WHEEL O' GREAT PEOPLE for golden age or Pentagon. (Next turn, get one, 41% odds for a GE c'mon!)

Pentagon? That doesn't sound the peacenik Canada we've seen so far... popcorn

Awful close to 3rd place on the scoreboard.

(March 25th, 2014, 22:18)Ceiliazul Wrote:
(March 25th, 2014, 21:07)Commodore Wrote: -Grow back to size 23 and roll the WHEEL O' GREAT PEOPLE for golden age or Pentagon. (Next turn, get one, 41% odds for a GE c'mon!)

Pentagon? That doesn't sound the peacenik Canada we've seen so far... popcorn

Release the hounds gigantic military-industrial complex Eisenhower warned us about!

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

So as the wise and clear lurkers among your number noticed my golden, alas, is over, leaving us hung over and impoverished. Here's where we are now at break even. I turn off all wealth and drop to zero research and I barely suppress down to second in GNP. While Scooter and Mack are researching heavily. Yeah hello Corporation. US sure helped the ole' MFG too.

I don't care if my new little island never grows. Despite the >6gpt maintenance, it is rocking an awesome 25 commerce from trade routes every turn. Niiiice. I'll be buying lighthouse, granary, then just hang out and slow grow. Happier now, fluffy?

My GA climb on the score board seems to have drawn unwelcome attention from Dtay, he's been spending EP heavily on me and can probably see into Montreal and St. John's right now. I'm monitoring him for now...Pentagon is as much discouragement as it is perk. Something Dtay said in another thread, either 53 or 18, about score placement in the end mattering to him...

Montreal needs to be saved and regrown to a good hefty "vast". Somerset here is an example of how nice super-sized Toronto and Ottawa are for my island holdings, that's 5gpt routesfor them. Somerset also shows why I love the Hagia and am about to love Steam Power; farm everything, than convert all to cottages/workshops when at full growth.

Calgary here shows why I'm making the oppressed people in all the world over unhappy; I need these villages to turn into towns. Even leetle size 12 Calgary is going to be a healthy and strong city in these fun lategame civics; phase two of Operation Fiscal Jackhammer gave me this base.

Cal will trade a bit with Eddie upon Biology being reached; this place has been a pain to grow. Just two more population now and I'll spurn the decent ocean for sweet sweet plains hamlets. But once this is all townland...yikes

So here we are; hung-over, shaky, a little paranoid, but very very strong. Canada, 1460:

...although no, Fluffy, not about to hit third place soon. Plako is going to gut Bacchus like a fish any day now and then there will be three equal hegemons.

(March 26th, 2014, 10:53)Commodore Wrote: I don't care if my new little island never grows. Despite the >6gpt maintenance, it is rocking an awesome 25 commerce from trade routes every turn. Niiiice.

Did you check how much overall costs increased across the whole empire after founding Manitoulin?

(March 26th, 2014, 12:25)Haram Wrote:
(March 26th, 2014, 10:53)Commodore Wrote: I don't care if my new little island never grows. Despite the >6gpt maintenance, it is rocking an awesome 25 commerce from trade routes every turn. Niiiice.
Did you check how much overall costs increased across the whole empire after founding Manitoulin?
I'm well past the conqueror's plateau, that was a little before city #20...

Still at least six more cities that can be crammed in there that you can see in the overview!

I have no idea if it makes sense strategically or economically, it just amuses me to see so many frozen, miserable-looking Canadian islands. Just like real life.

Uh-huh. That's a fun choice, ain't it?

I'm going to still save him for the next golden age in a mere 13 turns, but yeesh that's a lot of shrine gold potentially.