As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

Is it safe to assume that you will end all future updates with a picture of ottawa? Also, is the unit named after me still alive?
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

(March 29th, 2014, 18:08)Dp101 Wrote: Is it safe to assume that you will end all future updates with a picture of ottawa?

lol ...and wouldn't it be deserved?

You know, the fact that an empire this size has units nearly (?) all named for individual lurkers says something about your military power. mischief

What, that he's got a lot of lurkers? :P

(March 29th, 2014, 21:31)Ceiliazul Wrote: You know, the fact that an empire this size has units nearly (?) all named for individual lurkers says something about your military power. mischief

lol Zing!

In comes Steam Power, and I have coal! One single solitary coal. Um. RNG, please get to work popping 2-3 more, thanks.

...although honestly it seems crass to complain, this is a wonderful city to buff up. Toronto is only a middling commerce center but the hammers keep rolling in; completion of the levee will make it rock 34 base hammers, enough to actually consider it as an ironworks spot. I don't have a ton of other options, anyway. We'll see, cannon will never go amiss first.

That's Canada, though, in a nutshell. Our hammer spots are weak, our food spots aren't, and our commerce is off the chain. Banks, exemplar of the Canadian East, is finally cracking the Threshold of Awesome and feeding distant western inner routes. It'll actually make a decent hammer pile in a few turns once those villages Emancipate to towns, but rushbuy is still our default option. I'm still improving things, but the economy really will start to fall behind The Three Giants if I don't get more land.

Also of potential interest in the world? Mackoti launched his third golden age, and is probably going to be rocking Org factories and infantry swarms by the end of it. Scooter is certainly not on bestest friends terms with the Ottomen, given this mutual suspicion. Wooden fleets like this are going to be obsolete and expensive as hell to upgrade soon anyway...mackoti might well opt to burn them in burning some Vikings before too long. Interesting times down south, certainly.

(March 29th, 2014, 18:08)Dp101 Wrote: Also, is the unit named after me still alive?
Dip's 101st is cheerfully garrisoning away, like all Canadian military units.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Whew boy. Dtay, that's one hell of a complex offer. Lotta stuff going on here:
Pros:
-If someone DoWs me, they trash their trade routes with Germany and open themselves up to opportunistic German strikes.
-I read Dtay as being fairly sincere, I think he means this as a legit alliance offer.
-That message goes out to everybody's event log.
Cons:
-I might get dragged in to a war I don't want with Ichabod or Finarry.
-I don't trust my read totally, certainly won't let down my guard to Mr. E. P. Dumping here.
-It's a possible shift in the balance of power and my power...isn't.

In the end, I took it. I don't think he knows about the backstab abilities of carracks but his deployments say he's not exactly comfy with my positioning. For myself, I'll toss a few ironclads into guard positions and keep a wary eye on Friend Germany; we're in a defensive pact but we gotta watch out, man.

Meh, geopolitics. It's a more dangerous world out there, man, I just want to hang out and trade. I rushed a harbor in Ammund Ringnes, should be worth it very quickly because I'll be building the feitoria there next. What I'm showing here mostly is the lovely new oil fort; once Combustion comes in I'll be ready to not use it and eat the health penalty! Mackenzie will get an oil rig there eventually, of course, but the workers will be railroading for a while I'm sure.

CANADA: 1500 AD

We're not the biggest, but we're the best. Steel is a quick 2t at a mere 70%...barrelling towards tanks, folks.

(April 1st, 2014, 10:03)Commodore Wrote: Steel is a quick 2t at a mere 70%...barrelling towards tanks, folks.

Oil puns!
rolf
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I thought it was pretty slick...

(April 1st, 2014, 13:15)Commodore Wrote: I thought it was pretty slick...

cringe Ow.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(April 1st, 2014, 21:35)spacetyrantxenu Wrote:
(April 1st, 2014, 13:15)Commodore Wrote: I thought it was pretty slick...

cringe Ow.

OPEC on someone your own size!

Sorry, I know that's an awfully crude pun.