As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

In other news, because this is in vogue, and assuming we make it to a victory:

Winner: Commodore
Runner-up: Plako
First to die: Mostly Harmless. tongue
Surviving civs: 6
Victory Type: Space
Victory Date: T334

Place yer own bets in the lurker thread!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Turn 215 dawns, and folks we have the dream! DOUBLE HOLY CITY WOO! dancemultidanceband

:lol:

...okay, checking the event log and trading maps with Lewwyn, we get the Real News:
-Scooter spent EP on me. He actually apparently did earlier, I'd already lost Timbers vision. Scooter is hiding this.
-Average power went down. Lewwyn's power is Scooterian, so he's got a lot more older units. Lewwyn knows what he's doing.
-The culture retreated very nicely. Unless Scooter was smart about a combat settler+build culture, his capital is open.
-Scooter lacks Rifling. He's on the back foot.

Tech is interesting here. Mackoti is going boom on the economy here; he's going to be streaking towards real navy, but he's behind on RR. Scooter is scanning me with his airship, nothing is going to be hiding anything from him...or mack, who is on an airship world tour at the moment, amusingly. Military Tradition is dirt cheap...

Okay, here's the thing. Scooter is going to be defending his capital with all he's got in the next couple turns...Lewwyn is Lewwyn, he's going to target the big one. Scooter is Scooter, he's going to care about that cap. Tragically for the Vikings, because Trailblazers ain't all that big a deal considering their vast empire, huge swaths of green land, and beautiful tropical islands. But Scooter is busy, he's burning out...this might break him.

So let's toss some dice?

At the worst, it's going to be some roughage for Plan Inca.

FINALLY, someone I am lurking decides to burn the world. About time. Do you think knights will be enough to kill him at this stage of the game?
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Quote:-Scooter spent EP on me. He actually apparently did earlier, I'd already lost Timbers vision. Scooter is hiding this.

How do you hide EP spending?

(April 7th, 2014, 22:59)Bobchillingworth Wrote:
Quote:-Scooter spent EP on me. He actually apparently did earlier, I'd already lost Timbers vision. Scooter is hiding this.

wondered that too.

so... rushing 20 cavs next turn? wheres my popcorn?

I think Commodore means he thinks Scooter spent EPs on Commodore to overtake Commodore's EP advantage sufficiently to eliminate his vision into Scooter's cities. Kind of the North Korea way of hiding things from international observers that don't show the regime in a favorable light.

It's obvious to me that Scooter is trying to acquire nuclear weapons, time for sanctions and six party talks, right?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(April 7th, 2014, 22:59)Bobchillingworth Wrote:
Xenu's got it. He's hiding "this", "this" meaning "his difficulties with Lewwyn's invasion".

(April 7th, 2014, 22:28)Dp101 Wrote: FINALLY, someone I am lurking decides to burn the world. About time. Do you think knights will be enough to kill him at this stage of the game?
Heh, dunno about "burn". More "rescue from burning". We're Canadian Peacekeepers, helping our little Viking brothers out. And these aren't knights! These are mounties! (MilTrad finishes at end of turn).

Just say you're reclaiming l'anse aux meadows or something.

Five turns, eh Lewwyn? I'm ideally looking to go in in six turns, buddy. Like, after we see if you succeed.

Scooter's stripped his garrisons to the bone. Three or more cavalry will get to the three cities immediately. Sadly, see that airship? Physics enable map hacking. frown

'tis indeed the Hour of the Vulture. WLP, great, go for it. Mackoti...that's a bad bad sign.

I need a little littoral insurance here; I'm actually going to chuck out a half dozen ironclads to the east and the west. Brampton, sorry little town, is just a cash-rush mule...I'm not going to allow it to grow to a capturable size 2 yet. I'd really really rather have transports and destroyers running around, but there is no bigger mistake than "just one more tech". I think. tongue

Betting on Lewwyn fairly hard here; but if he manages to hurt Scooter bad Mackoti will pile on, and Canada will need to be a counterweight. So...rescue time!