As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Pindicator Walks With Dinosaurs

[Image: eb81c1aa029fc0824e43fbfd78c5e353.jpg]

Mostly Gaspar, I hear that dude is old
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

My top choices, before map picks, and without any strategery based on the selection method. I had a list of 7 made up but I can't find where I put them. The top 3 or 4 were easy enough to remember:

1. Washington of Carthage

[Image: intelligentrevolution.jpg]

Nothing says bad-ass like Washington riding a dinosaur into battle. Numids aren't quite dinosaurs, but they're my favorite mounted unit in BtS. This gives me an idea: get RBMod to change the models for numids into dinosaurs

2. Peter of Ethiopia

[Image: Neit.PNG]

Bulb to Education, grab Nationalism with Lib, tech Gunpowder, draft Oromos. Probably won't win, but I do love Oromos.

3. Joao of Aztecs

[Image: h49A7C001]

Without Sumeria, this would be my mass-expansion combination. Use Joao's abilities to shoot out of the gate, and then get cheap sacrificial altars down (remember they're only 90h). Probably a lot of whipping in this pick.

4. Catherine of the Mayans

[Image: we-certainly-will-do.jpg]

Like Joao this is a combination about the land grab. Here we use CRE to push back at our neighbors, and then ideally cheap ball courts will let us grow taller with more cities.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(April 10th, 2014, 21:34)pindicator Wrote: This gives me an idea: get RBMod to change the models for numids into dinosaurs

I support this change. Dinosaurs are fun. Maybe a winged one can replace airships. A flying dinosaur attack animation should be awesome.

Your start:

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Minor nitpick: I would have put the wine 1 N of the settler to give the player an option between 2h or 2c I the capital
/nitpick

And dang it Xenu, this start makes me want to play the Zulu for like the 20th time here
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(April 11th, 2014, 11:05)pindicator Wrote: Minor nitpick: I would have put the wine 1 N of the settler to give the player an option between 2h or 2c I the capital
/nitpick

Oops, sorry, here's a revised screenshot, your previous one had an error.

Kidding! lol

What is it about the start that makes you want to play Zulu? The viability of a Hunting start or because impis are so freaking fun?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(April 11th, 2014, 11:26)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: What is it about the start that makes you want to play Zulu? The viability of a Hunting start or because impis are so freaking fun?

Both. Right now I am thinking that I want to bump Ethiopia to my top choice simply because Fishing/Mining feel like a useless combination with this start. I'll have to sum some starts out to see how much of a tech bottleneck there is.

You know who has good starting techs for here and isn't banned? Mongolia. Also Mali
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I had an interesting thought now a I've been looking at how my top choice (Washington of Carthage). I can grow to size three and get the first settler out by turn 27. Even with having no relevant techs (Carthage starts with Fishing & Mining) we really don't hit a bottleneck in workers having nothing to do. Well, I'm making some assumptions that we will have tiles to improve in a second city, but that seems reasonable!

Anyway, if this extreme case doesn't hit a bottleneck, then maybe I can get a civ like Byzantine that had a great UU but crappy techs
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Joao of Aztecs: city #2 planted on t25, meditation finishes end of that turn. Agriculture, Hunting, and Mining as known techs. I'd start to run into a tech bottleneck for worker techs but that's good enough to keep him on the list
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Final List

1. Washington of Carthage
2. Joao of Mongolia
3. Peter of Ethiopia
4. Washington of Byzantium
5. Joao of Aztecs
6. Peter of Mongolia
7. Pericles of Ethiopia
8. Shaka of Rome
9. Sulieman of Byzantium
10. Catherine of Mayans

After looking at this I firmly believe that after the bans and after seeing the start, Joao of Mongolia is the best combination to be had. Maybe you can make a case for Zulu instead. But Hunting and Pottery are both needed techs here, and Joao can get a ridiculously fast 2nd city down along with a pasture and connecting roads. And it was really tempting to put that as my top pick, but I really would like to play with Numids, so I think I have to go with Carthage. Fun over function, that's the motto here.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Of all people I would hope Gaspar understand the importance to PYFT*.

*In this case,"Pick Your F-ing Team"
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player