As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Game is back up.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I'm going to be out of town this weekend, without Civ access (I've played T29, and I come back midday Monday).

Can I get a lurker/admin to follow my instructions for the next 2-3 turns? Otherwise I'm going to need a pause.

(April 18th, 2014, 06:28)Cyneheard Wrote: I'm going to be out of town this weekend, without Civ access (I've played T29, and I come back midday Monday).

Can I get a lurker/admin to follow my instructions for the next 2-3 turns? Otherwise I'm going to need a pause.

I am in a similar situation, but can play without a pause if necessary.

Yesssss if needed. Holy crap, people, I'm playing for like three of you. tongue
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I might need a pause as well.

(April 18th, 2014, 13:42)Commodore Wrote: Yesssss if needed. Holy crap, people, I'm playing for like three of you. tongue

Thank you for that. And also for jumping in when Sullla ditched his lurker civ duties.

If anyone needs me to play for them, just let me know. I'll be sure not to mess up your civ too much....unless you are one of my neighbors. wink

Azza? 27m and counting.

(April 19th, 2014, 08:34)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Azza? 27m and counting.

I think we should pause for him.

Edit: And did so. 17 minutes remaining.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(April 6th, 2014, 20:58)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: The intent behind allowing a player to miss a turn is not to be punitive toward that player but rather to be considerate to all players. In the absence of any kind of communication, what is an appropriate amount of time that the other 32 players should wait in a hypothetical, no information available situation? I think it is better and more courteous to operate under the assumption of total player responsibility where you cannot rely on someone else pausing for you if you don't happen to play on time, for whatever reason. If you miss a turn, such is life.

(April 6th, 2014, 21:37)Azza Wrote: Unless someone is consistently causing issues, I strongly favour being generous with pauses. I'd rather turns taking slightly longer over alienating players due to missed turns. Why change an approach that has worked rather well for the recent PB games?

(April 19th, 2014, 08:42)Mardoc Wrote: I think we should pause for him.

We really should hammer out what the stance is re this situation when we are not in this situation.

Do we even have an idea regarding how long we are willing(?) / likely to pause for the missing player? I would say that a 24h pause is way too long. An 1h pause is way too short.

This is one situation where knowing people's home UTC location would be useful ... we could pause until 11pm (say) their local time.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.