As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(April 18th, 2014, 09:33)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: It's playoff time, yet only one Canadian team is in the playoffs. Does the rest of Canada root for the Habs? I doubt it....

Don Cherry would never condone rooting for a team from some renegade French province. crazyeye

This on the other hand...

[Image: 3941662.jpg]

yikes

Don Cherry apparently makes Craig Sager look conservative by comparison.

Not sure what is going on here...
[Image: listening-to-music-in-other-languages.jpg]

Anyway. Potential secret icy drydocks-owning Arctic base land to pump out a Doom Friendship Fleet:

Fortunately, Brick is thus far 3 for 4 on giving me modern resources. I always appreciate it when they're already mined; now I just need some hundred thousand more beakers and I can make nukes! Nerfed nukes, but still! I'll be sure to name them all "Reg Oar Rarr" to strike a blow against poor Keek's lingering PTSD.

I wasn't using hyperbole about the beakers needed. Cultural victory is 100% viable in RBmod, y'all. I'll actually have to noodle around about how quickly I could pull it out myself. Mackoti just landed Sistine Chapel (as well as Pentagon), maybe he's going for a CV. Anyway, that's not something for right now; in the meanwhile which is a better tile, 2/2/7 or 2/4/4? Towns on uranium is always annoying.

Mackoti...Cultural Victory attempts...shudder...
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(April 18th, 2014, 20:41)Commodore Wrote: Mackoti...Cultural Victory attempts...shudder...

That sounds like the perfect opportunity to exercise some demons ...
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(April 18th, 2014, 23:40)pindicator Wrote:
(April 18th, 2014, 20:41)Commodore Wrote: Mackoti...Cultural Victory attempts...shudder...

That sounds like the perfect opportunity to exercise some demons ...

hammer Yes!!

(April 18th, 2014, 23:40)pindicator Wrote: That sounds like the perfect opportunity to exercise some demons ...

I'd recommend push-ups for Orthus and jogging for Lolth. nod

tongue
fnord

What does Winnipeg usually build? If it's making wealth/beakers in the queue then I'd say go mine it, otherwise keep the town?

I guess aluminium will pose this problem too, when it hits (if you even get any :P)

Good, good. More iceballs, make it happen.

Though I have to point out Greenerland still remains underpopulated...

I know I've been lavishing PB19 with the good stuff lately, but that's in a large part because here in 13 we've been sitting around paused for what feels like forever. Seriously guys, Ichabod is a nice guy, can someone help him out of here? I love this game; seriously, it just makes me grin every time I log in, so much fun in this era of the game. I figured I'd make a quick note on the engagement levels of the rest of the players.

Azza: Low bump
Dude is getting liberated back into eighth place here, but is playing roughly twenty-second turns. Yeah.

Ichabod: Chained to his civ bang
He wants a replacement...his first request for one was six months ago for pity's sake. He's pokey, evidently, because nobody is conquering him but come on, he's bleeding a death of a thousand cuts.

Lewwyn: Running on fumes nononono
The grand plan for vengeance failed spectacularly at the gates of Trailblazers, but he's still awake enough to burn a city or two. He'll be content to maximize Scooter's pain and effort now.

Scooter: Bored Hegemon coffeecoffeecoffee
In terms of civilization power, Vikings are tops, but I don't see it in Scooterino here. His partner has departed, his civ's got an ugly land war in Asia, and he's got to beat mackoti. He's playing fast, missing stuff like letting Lewwyn burn Gators...folks, we've got an inert giant on our hands.

Dtay: Peaked at Prom noideanoideanoidea
I don't really see detachment, here, really...but he used to always be first to end turn, now he's 3rd or 4th, and his posting is less frequent. I get a drifting sense from Germany.

WilliamLP: Happy Gardener hatsoffhatsoffhatsoffhatsoff
There ain't a win path out there for Inca, but that's not much different from a hundred turns ago. WLP keeps a'truckin, updating, and did apparently just fight Plako to a standstill. He's awake at the wheel, still.

Commodore: Canadian smile smile smile smile
The minute I could not cheaply wipe out my southern neighbors, I could not win, and knowing that has filled me with peace. I had a chance to kill Scooter a dozen turns back, but not cheaply enough to allow a win...so here I am. Still watching for the outside shot, otherwise obsessing unhealthily about Ottawa.

Finarry: Being Badass shadesshadesshadesshadesshades
I don't really think these guys can win, but that hasn't seemed to dint their engagement level a whit. They're wrecking Ichabod, keeping up in tech, and scaring mackoti with the potential to spank him like a red-headed stepchild. Actually, yeah, that sounds pretty engaging to me...

Plako: Never Give Up, Never Surrender! hammerhammerhammerhammerhammer
City leader, Biologist, and still whetting his lips in anticipation of another MoM golden age. Plako's a good shot to win but I don't really think that matters. Plako is just always highly engaged.

Mackoti: Emperor Palpatine [Image: palpatine.jpg]
Damnit, he's orchestrating the downfall of The Republics and shooting bolts of Force-lightning from his fingertips. Duh he's having fun.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Great post Commodre-san. It must be gruelling for all the players to keep putting in this level of effort after so many turns, you all deserve a virtual beer together when it's done.