As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: Tick every rule that you'd be happy with (even if they are contradictory):
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
<24h Pause requested - Let it roll!
1.97%
6 1.97%
<24h Pause requested - Get a lurker to play following instructions
7.87%
24 7.87%
<24h Pause requested - Pause it
10.49%
32 10.49%
>24h Pause requested - No chance, let it roll!
2.95%
9 2.95%
>24h Pause requested - Get a lurker to play following instructions
7.87%
24 7.87%
>24h Pause requested - Pause it
3.61%
11 3.61%
>24h Pause requested - A case-by-case analysis needed.
7.54%
23 7.54%
Pause not requested - Let it roll!
7.87%
24 7.87%
Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock for 6 hours and then resume
4.92%
15 4.92%
Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock for 12 hours and then resume
2.62%
8 2.62%
Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock for 24 hours and then resume
1.64%
5 1.64%
Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock indefinitely
1.31%
4 1.31%
Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left and get a lurker to play turn ASAP
6.23%
19 6.23%
Pause not requested and next turn player still doesn't show up - Pause and look for replacement
8.20%
25 8.20%
Pause not requested and next turn player still doesn't show up - Retire to AI
1.31%
4 1.31%
Pause not requested and next turn player still doesn't show up - Lurkers play until player returns
6.89%
21 6.89%
Reload for missed turn - no chance
2.62%
8 2.62%
Reload for missed turn - only if you requested a pause that didn't happen
7.21%
22 7.21%
Reload for missed turn - case-by-case basis
6.23%
19 6.23%
Reload for missed turn - every time
0.66%
2 0.66%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll for pause behaviour

(April 23rd, 2014, 19:48)asdfion Wrote: I am bad at reading and accidentally voted. =(

As they say, vote early and often. wink

(April 23rd, 2014, 20:17)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: As they say, vote early and often. wink

Check.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Are you playing in this game, Lord Parkin?
I have to run.

lol Thanks for your input asdfilon and LP. Unfortunately we're going to be ignoring your attempts at gerrymandering nono

We've got 24/33 votes in and although not totally decisive that does at least give us something to go on. Shall we give it another 24 hours for the remaining players to chip in? Those players are:

Bacchus
Barry Lyndon
Caledorn
dtay
Nakor
Oxy/BaII
Q
Scooter
TBS

I'll PM them now, then if they haven't voted by tomorrow we can assume they're not that bothered about the settings.

(Dhal - that yes/no question was posed in the tech thread several times and the answer always seemed to come back "its a little bit more complicated than that". At least no-one can say that about this poll neenerneener.)

Is there a "some other lurker than poor Commodore who is playing like three civs a night" option?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

"No pause requested" rule opinions as of this post:

Pause not requested - Let it roll! - 21 votes
AutomatedTeller, Barry Lyndon, Boldly Going Nowhere, BRickAstley, Cheater Hater, Cyneheard, darrelljs, dazedroyalty, Dhalphir, dtay, HitAnyKey, Jowy, Molach, MYKI, Nakor, novice, Old Harry, plako, Qgqqqqq, wetbandit, yuris125

Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock for 6 hours and then resume - 12 votes
AutomatedTeller, Bacchus, dtay, HitAnyKey, MYKI, novice, Old Harry, plako, Qgqqqqq, scooter, spacetyrantxenu, wetbandit

Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock for 12 hours and then resume - 6 votes
MYKI, novice, plako, Qgqqqqq, Ruff_Hi, spacetyrantxenu

Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock for 24 hours and then resume - 3 votes
Hashoosh, Mardoc, Ruff_Hi

Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left on clock indefinitely - 3 votes
Azza, Mardoc, WilliamLP

Pause not requested - Pause with 1h left and get a lurker to play turn ASAP - 16 votes
AutomatedTeller, Azza, Bacchus, Boldly Going Nowhere, Cheater Hater, dtay, Hashoosh, HitAnyKey, MYKI, novice, Old Harry, pindicator, plako, Ruff_Hi, spacetyrantxenu, Whosit
I have to run.

How do I change my vote?
I have to run.

Post here. I won't get around to tallying again until tomorrow I'm afraid.

Unvote: Pause not requested - Let it roll!
I have to run.

(April 26th, 2014, 10:05)novice Wrote: Unvote: Pause not requested - Let it roll!

After reading/hearing other people's opinions, I'd like to "Unvote: Pause not requested - Let it roll!" as well.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.