As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

A pleasure, as always. Keep them coming!

I do love me some blimps; maaaaap hackin' away, lads. Not that it's 100% needed, but at least its cheaper than running EP. Scooter is spamming up the Railroads; hopefully I can get around a bit better soon...

I'm also building a few (okay, maybe 3-4) factories in my lands, now. Ottawa isn't actually able to get hers in less than three turns even working the mines, so she's going to keep on with the trying to land us a shrine bit. GE would also be fine; the rest would be a touch meh.

In the most pressing interesting news, Mackoti declared war on Azza which is a shock to nobody I'm sure. I dunno, man, that's okay I guess but I don't want him getting the Confucian shrine...

If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Dangit, Azza, I'm trying to deny your mysteriously gotten shrine to Scooter or Mack! Stop reinforcing! Ah well. Mack is eating outer isles while Scooter is either buying or demanding cities from our little orange buddy here.

Toronto and Montreal got sad as Scooter captured Lewwyn's gem city. I offered him a fur for the gems; I don't begrudge being forced to build happy buildings too much, as I'm looking to stop getting high on whales shortly anyway...

(April 25th, 2014, 07:32)Commodore Wrote: Dangit, Azza, I'm trying to deny your mysteriously gotten shrine to Scooter or Mack! Stop reinforcing! Ah well. Mack is eating outer isles while Scooter is either buying or demanding cities from our little orange buddy here.
I'm actually going to think a little further on this one. The situation is actually super-complex. If it looks like Mack is going to take the shrine, it's easy: Killswitch Engage, BURN. If, however, he's taking his time a bit more, I might try to capture the bugger and sell it to Scooter, either for money...or for dinosaurs and marine super-predators.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0817.JPG]
Either way, more and more I think I want this island. And I want to keep propping up/helping my Viking buddy; otherwise, Ottomen are going to win this. But I want to win, myself, which means more land...this subcontinent would be a way of doing both.

Cool. Well, let's see how this all looks in twelve turns after Plako's obscenely long golden age ends; he's way behind in tech but the MoM and beaker drafting might see him to parity soon. Interesting times, neh?

How do you rate your realistic chances to take a win here?
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

(April 27th, 2014, 04:14)Dhalphir Wrote: How do you rate your realistic chances to take a win here?
Slim-to-none. The most basic problem is visible in the minimap; the Southern Hemisphere is dominated by just three major powers; Azza and Lewwyn are about to be gone totally. Meanwhile the Northern Hemisphere has considerable amounts held by the Three Hyperpowers, and the rest by four strong empires and 2metraninja. Who is getting little bites taken out, but the Hyperpowers' strength means that nobody can go in hardcore. I dunno, maybe Finarry can NAP Dtay now and the frenzy can begin in truth.

The situation is not, however, stable. Guess what I see in the water? scared

Yep! Mackoti's running transports and destroyers. I'm following him and Scooter to Arty, then will finish up Combustion and start pumping out obscene numbers of destroyers myself, but there is only so much yah can do. The Biology thing hurts too.

I'm in a clear fourth place, but darned if I know how to generate out of it. The obscene GNP is Plako with three civs' worth of land in a long long golden age drafting techs up to parity. He's got a lot to redress, but with numbers like those...he sure will. And fast. So, of course, given Mackoti is Mackoti the Ottomen aren't going to be playing tiddlywinks with that MFG, he's going to build a metric ton of heavy metal and go wreck face off.

...I think I might be sending off somewhat wasted resources here...

(April 28th, 2014, 12:47)scooter Wrote: I'm looking for a permanent replacement in both of my games. Short synopsis on both of them:

PB13 - Darius/Vikings. game is quite far along - we're in the Rifles/cannons -> Infantry/artillery era. I can't comment too deeply here because of spoilers. If you're interested in playing a modern era game, this could be a fun place to pick up.

(If you're in one of these games, no worries, I am fully capable/willing to play these games until a replacement is found, even if that means indefinitely.)
[Image: Johnny-Depp-panics.gif]

0.4t of gold per city? Fun!