As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers] Commodore's Subbing Stubbies' Common Odor

[Image: 1357243395548.jpg]
...maybe?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

EMPIRE:
TURN 58:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0891.JPG]
(Takeover)

TURN 68:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0991.JPG]
(Popping borders)

TURN 91:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG]
(REX at max)

TURN 104:

(High water mark)

TURN 138:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0324.JPG]
(Game's end)

Have you played much with this mod before?
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Okay, getting bearings here, let's look at the capital. New theme isn't amazing but I think it's original, at least. It's a fairly decent capital, I reckon, hampered just a touch by that nasty vault level. The new settler has plenty of spots to go to, I guess, so that's nice and I'll continue it; I might grow a pop first on the market + one more warrior. This isn't an incredible city but it'll do.

Better long term, and clearly the commerce king of the future, is lovely Mustache. I'm not cottaging everything, doing the Aristofarm thing in most places, but this will get a full set of cottages unto towns. Honestly, though, that may change, I don't know much about my EitB economies. The Brewing House is what I think of as "capital" with my BtS Bureau instincts. The beer will be much appreciated; need to grow these poor cities.

The other big city is Goatee here; it's a healthy grower with some pretty nice special tiles. I really want these borders popped; cotton would gin up some nice goodness for us. Wine, beer, gin...yeah, I see why that's the Bog Standard Dwarf Theme. Not for me thanks!

Finally, we have what I assume to be fresh Muttonchops. All those "growth to unhappy" shots you see above are because I'm roading this silk next turn. Obviously, there are no borders I'd like to pop more than these; Patria will mean a metric crapton of hammers for this silken beast, and the sharer south of it too I'm sure (either "Soul Patch" or "Van Dyke").

Here are Ye Olde Demos. They're...actually, pretty bad. I'll try to REX out of them and pay for the REX with Financial markets, but given the quality of Serdoa->Ellimist and Hiding Kneel, this is a third place quest. Also, given Sian is in the game, this is going to be a nice relaxing 3t/week at best. So I'll update these as the spirit moves.

I debated between keeping research on Drama or swapping to one of the other manifold paths of useful and interesting stuff, like Code of Laws or one of the many food techs; what Suttree already had is spoiled below. In the end, I opted to continue with Drama...not only is it a decent shot at getting the free Bard, it also allows me to pop borders in all my new cities at once. nod
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0885.JPG]
I think Drama->BW->Sanitation(bulb)->CoL next would be good, unless one of you super-vets weigh in that that's stupid. Hint: Super-vets experienced with EitB, please, weigh in!

(May 5th, 2014, 09:08)Dp101 Wrote: Have you played much with this mod before?
Nope!
[Image: j44AB18491.jpg]

Doing the Sanitation bulb before getting CoL is a little bit ass-backwards; normally you'd want CoL first to make researching Drama & BW easier (and to afford continued expansion while you tech). Your, uh, mapmaker appears to have been pretty generous with your land though, so it won't be nearly as painful to delay CoL as it might be otherwise. Or, depending on how you value earlier copper units & +1 food on farms vs. +2 commerce on farms, you could always tech Drama and then sit on the artist (assuming you win him) while you go CoL before BW. They're all reasonable options, as long as you don't economically collapse yourself.

Yeah, mapmaker was generous and Financial markets are coming online; between all the plantations and such this isn't terribly punitive economically. It's also saving some ~100h on monuments, the culture thing is nice. I'd still probably have gone CoL if it was me, but given Suttree's already invested the beakers...

Also, um, what are the bans here on this map? I'm hoping OO isn't at 100% at least.

"No Cultists allowed" is the only relevant ban imposed by mapmaker fiat. Human takeover of Basium might be banned as well, not sure what the other players decided.

I was going to offer to dedlurk in a sort of blind leading the blind sort of thing, but then you mentioned Sian was playing and I know I'd entirely lose all interest in 2 weeks after you've played 5 turns.

So, good luck!
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

(May 5th, 2014, 16:15)Gaspar Wrote: I was going to offer to dedlurk in a sort of blind leading the blind sort of thing, but then you mentioned Sian was playing and I know I'd entirely lose all interest in 2 weeks after you've played 5 turns.

So, good luck!
Hah! Thanks, but don't feel bad at all. I actually signed for the same reason...a Sian PBEM is much less of a time commitment. mischief