As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] joey and scooter's thread: FUN THINGS ONLY

Yeah, we might as well go for it! Like what they say, You Only Live Once. (with "once" here being "around five to six thousand years" for the average civ leader plub)

Anyways, played the turn right before I went to work this morning, so I didn't take any screenshots. Not a lot new to see anyways. Debated between letting the overflow from the whip go into a warrior or settler; ended up choosing the warrior for the immediate whip suppression (allowing the warrior to explore a bit around the corn) and because we'll only be able to build cheap MPs for a few more turns anyways. Saw a little bit more of TBS; it looks like his second city was placed right below his capital near a lake. You can actually see the borders peaking out in that Turn 39 screenshot above.

More scouting:

[Image: vU03mVv.jpg]

Looks like we're taking the long way back! lol The good news is that he didn't settle towards us.

Some new info closer to us:

[Image: iSmJa64.jpg]

Interestingly, we could settle at B, as planned, and then 1E of where the warrior is to get all 4 food resources without a barracks or monument. The corn is still shareable. What do you think, scooter?

Unfortunately, we can't scout much more now because we'll need to pull the warrior back to protect the workers from any remaining animals. Carnival switches over to settler next turn and Zoo whips a granary. I'd like to start building up pop to triple-whip a library but perhaps that's premature; it's probably better to get at least one more worker first.

A bit of barb trouble:

[Image: RWgbtI1.jpg]

Warrior survived the wolf, but we've gotta pull him back.

(May 3rd, 2014, 17:59)GermanJojo Wrote: [Image: iSmJa64.jpg]

Interestingly, we could settle at B, as planned, and then 1E of where the warrior is to get all 4 food resources without a barracks or monument. The corn is still shareable. What do you think, scooter?

Ahhhh I really like this, assuming you mean 1W of the warrior instead of 1E. Another quick settler to take advantage sounds like a good plan. Nice perk is that you get a city on a hill bordering The Black Sword. It's not THAT forward of a plant - I'm sure you'll have another city west of it eventually - but it's way more defensible that way all the same.

Yeah, one West. smile

Plan continues, nothing eventful happening. The barb warrior pulled back into the fog.

Writing is due next turn - what techs should we go after next? Monarchy soonish seems like the best idea, as that would allow us to balloon the number of cottages we can work around Zoo. Might be a good idea to build a few extra cheap warriors right away then, before our copper is hooked up. One chopped tile could probably get us 2 future happiness for 2 turns worked if we do it now. We'll have to wait 2 turns to regrow after the settler doublewhip anyways. The other possibility I think is Mathematics->Masonry, which would get us our cheap Hammams. What do you think, scooter?

Power charts for TBS are finally up:

[Image: MEJ1xVC.jpg]

Doesn't seem like he has any dogs yet.

Mathematics would take 20 turns at our current rate, while Monarchy would, in total, take twice that. Now, obviously those numbers will be less once we get some more cottages and libraries up, but gives a good relative reference between them I think. Maybe Math first as an intermediate measure (especially since our copper city - named Cops and Robbers? - (or maybe Cops and Rubbers in honour of its source of sheepskin? mischief)) has so many nearby forests to chop. Additionally, waiting on Monarchy gives us a chance to meet more civs, hopefully increasing our known tech bonus along the religious line a bit.

(May 5th, 2014, 22:49)GermanJojo Wrote: especially since our copper city - named Cops and Robbers? - (or maybe Cops and Rubbers in honour of its source of sheepskin? mischief)

lol

Damn, look at this nice land:

[Image: VByAqVH.jpg]

Settler in Carnival can be whipped at 50/100 in 2 turns, overflowing into a warrior so that the current warrior there can transfer over to Zoo as a garrison. In the meantime, Zoo is building a worker.

I decided to go for maths, both because I think its a better economic play but also because, if we're still intent on settling our 4th city aggressively towards TBS, we'll likely want to rush out a 5th city at the horses for chariots/horchers for TBS's dog soldiers.

(May 6th, 2014, 22:37)GermanJojo Wrote: horchers

Nice. Never seen that one, I might steal it...