As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here

I think I can get things started, but I'll leave finishing the turn for you if it's ok!
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I ended up just looking around, because I want you to do the scouting moves and unit logistics neenerneener Obviously if you are really "can't-manage-to-play-our-turn-busy" just message me.

It seems that dtay-Azza thing was just civstats doing weird stuff. It also showed Azza logging off three times in a row. Anyways, no sign of war declaration or anything in-game.

Have I already said that plako & mack signing peace is a huge disappointment.. We really need a big war between contenders, actually we would have needed that 70 turns ago already. Could you lurkers make sure that mack+scooter+plako all are aware that they can't win a mutual space race while holding hands? mischief

Anyways, let's just try to stay alive.. tongue I don't think we can attack dtay unless Commodore really joins the party (should we get Commodore's graphs quickly so that we see if he really has some power?). Mack sits on so much military so I guess we really just need to be ready to defend as well as possible when he eventually comes and if he commits elsewhere then we try to get land from dtay, 2metra or pile on him.. I counted quickly that we currently have ~50 siege units and ~200 hitters so if we get attacked, whip & draft & upgrade everything imaginable it will at least be a decent bloodbath. hammer

Now that we have railroads we can finally discuss worker movements again! It's been a while! crazyeye Railroading mines is nice, but let's make it a first priority that in 5 turns when our peace with mack ends both at our core and on our island we have a road network established in a way that we have an option to smash pretty much every single unit we have against a stack that is approaching/unloaded next to our cities..

Btw, there are at least 10 transports near the former coast of mostly_harmless so an attack there is a real possibility. I think there are some tiles between our core and island, where we could safely park couple of loaded Galleons so that in case of an attack they can unload troops in Cannae/France and hit an invading stack regardless of attack direction. If I would need to bet I would imagine mack considering the same thing that we did to Ichabod, attack the island and use superior navy for isolating it from us. For that reason I would like that we have enough hammers in a MG/Infantry in our most vulnerable coastal cities in 5 turns so that if we get attacked we can still both draft and slave an unit out of them.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(May 6th, 2014, 08:11)Fintourist Wrote: Btw, there are at least 10 transports near the former coast of mostly_harmless so an attack there is a real possibility. I think there are some tiles between our core and island, where we could safely park couple of loaded Galleons so that in case of an attack they can unload troops in Cannae/France and hit an invading stack regardless of attack direction. If I would need to bet I would imagine mack considering the same thing that we did to Ichabod, attack the island and use superior navy for isolating it from us. For that reason I would like that we have enough hammers in a MG/Infantry in our most vulnerable coastal cities in 5 turns so that if we get attacked we can still both draft and slave an unit out of them.

I like this. With railroad we can use France or BoP as the staging post, I can't remember how many galleons we can have in place, but ten transports is forty units - that's an awful lot and I don't think Cav flank Artillery... alright

So do we attempt to get to Artillery?

(May 6th, 2014, 09:13)Old Harry Wrote: So do we attempt to get to Artillery?

This turn we definitely still save money, but I think we can start grinding towards Artillery and keep our doors open. But let's have at least 5000 gold in hand when our peace runs our so that we can immediately upgrade a decent amount of units if needed. (and if it looks like we get attacked, let's upgrade some stuff before our peace runs out as well. E.g. some cats into cannons on the island or something)

The goal is to at least reach Artillery in this game, but if we get attacked by a huge army, let's try to spend at least 20-30k gold in upgrades before we go out :P
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 237

Drafted Nuremburg and Rorke, along with Quantril and Dunkirk. Then switching back to Bureau gets us 100gpt extra (150 beakers at 100%).

Koniggratz will grow to size 14, then get the two pre-built workshops and the windmill will become a mine and it'll be food-neutral and make 44 base hammers = 99 adjusted hammers. If we had time to put 400 hammers into the factory and coal plant that would go up to 132 hammers, but those extra hammers are needed for units right now.

Dtay started his golden age without a civic switch and I'm becoming suspicious that he is gathering his forces to hit us when Mackoti does. Since they are probably using numbers to communicate I'll send this message to Commodore to say we're stuck between a rock and a hard place and expect to get attacked on both borders in five turns. Obviously he'll interpret that as a request for catapults.

This is what Dtay has. He might have some stuff stashed on his galleons, but I doubt it since his power is still much lower than ours. He just got Railroad, but I haven't seen any Machine Guns yet. Do we defend against Dtay but not Mack to end the game early, defend against Mack but not Dtay to encourage someone else to intervene, defend against both evenly and die quicker, try to buy Dtay off with a city or two, or declare on Dtay now to try and get enforced peace (which might annoy Commodore, who thinks we have a deal to both attack him)?

Notice a pattern? We can switch to slavery the turn that Mack declares on us to whip most of these. Question: What promos are good on machine guns?

Demos and power.

machine gun promos suck. they are siege line without collateral or attack promos... drill? yuck.

That's what I thought. Drill on a unit that doesn't take collateral? Why?

So Jamestown will stick to making 14XP infantry and Cannons...

Drill 3 MGs are absolutely horendous to attack into though. Plus, there could be CKNs hiding somewhere lol

Save promos for healing?

Also - let them die on our guns!

I think I'd rather have CGIII Infantry or Barrage III Cannon. Do you think we'd be allowed to world-build in some units to help? Just a few mischief...