As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Pindicator Walks With Dinosaurs

obligatory lurker goading: whip hammer

is there a source of 'raptor' nearby? that would make guilds a definite beeline!

Raptor Mount:
str18
mov3
+100% attack vs goats
ignores electric fences

(May 11th, 2014, 19:11)Ceiliazul Wrote: is there a source of 'raptor' nearby? that would make guilds a definite beeline!

Raptor Mount:
str18
mov3
+100% attack vs goats
ignores electric fences

lol I think we've just identified the unit pindicator really should promote to leadership. Who's going to kill that thing? Last I recall they end up taking over the island, may as well work here right? gg all!

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Now I just need to find out where the Cloning tech is one the tree and we can hook up our source of raptors!

jive

In all seriousness, I can have 6 chariots at TBS' borders in 6 turns. Probably 8 if i don't mess around with useless crap like 'granaries'. And another wave to be chopped out shortly after. I'd actually feel pretty good about success if I can get 8 chariots at him in that timeframe.

Until I see a spear, of course
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

It probably makes more sense to wait for Numidians, except I'm not sure I can actually tech to there in any reasonable timeframe. HBR is 373 beakers and by then I really expect Black Sword's landgrab/wonder grab to have paid off for him. He's probably just as shocked about our close borders as I am, and I'm willing to bet that he isn't nearly as prepared now as he will be in 20 turns, or however long a HBR rush would take.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Here's the plan:

[Image: pb19%20-%20turn047%20-%20warplan.jpg]

Sadly city #4 will not have the worker support I first envisioned it getting. But if we're not going to go all in on this then it's not worth doing.

I think next tech has to be archery. I don't know how I'm going to get metal short of sending a settler way up northwest of my position with no support, so we're going to thumb our nose and say "who needs metal?" Just like Luddite taught us! (Read the thread if you haven't already!)

Next problem: how to best conceal these troups from any prying eyes? The approach will not be an easy one to hide, especially if he sends a warrior to scout our borders.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

So, have you found mongolia already? Because it looks like zulu in your screenshots... wink

(May 12th, 2014, 00:21)Ilios Wrote: So, have you found mongolia already? Because it looks like zulu in your screenshots... wink

banghead

Screw it, we're chariot rushing zulu
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(May 12th, 2014, 01:13)pindicator Wrote:
(May 12th, 2014, 00:21)Ilios Wrote: So, have you found mongolia already? Because it looks like zulu in your screenshots... wink

banghead

Screw it, we're chariot rushing zulu

lol

So I'm not sure how to proceed here and I would like some lurker input. Obviously I had made a pretty big mix up earlier when I confused Thoth with Black Sword. And a very obvious mistake. But for whatever reason I do these kinds of things and they're my mistakes to make. I remember way back in the day when I was playing in the first or second SGotM over at CFC and my task had been talking about declaring on the Celts (no idea what civ it actually was now, but we'll just say it was the Celts). I got my 10-turn set, built up forces, moved them into position, and finally attacked. Only it wasn't the weak Celts I declared on. It was the first-place Dutch (again, placeholder name). Just sometimes I get my writes crossed like that.

The point of the story is I'm not sure I would have caught my error if it hasn't been pointed out to me. And I think I need to stay the course now, not because I want to chariot rush zulu, but because I don't know how else to play it in regard to getting outside help. And there is a bit of me that is saying to go for it because this game had felt like a series of bad choices so why not end on a high (or low) now.

Oh shoot, Thoth is creative. There's no way this attack won't be spotted ahead of time. We'll, maybe but only with some creative roading
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player