As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I also can't connect. Pause?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I can connect just fine.

11 hours left on the clock so need to pause just yet.

You could try connecting using the IP address: 82.116.73.131:2058
I have to run.

I couldn't connect using the IP address, either. Commodore was good enough to play for me.

question - if I tried to connect to PB20, but don't have the correct mod, will I bring down the game? I wouldn't actually log in. I seem to remember that being a problem in other games and i didn't want to risk it, just to test. But it would be interesting.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

Direct address doesn't work for me either. I'll write some instructions for a lurker, but if they can't cover we'll need a pause.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Game works for me.

ok - I was able to connect, but then my internet went out for a little while and now I cannot connect again (my internet is back) Dunno if this is the same thing as before or something new.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

Just a short note to say I might not get to the turn for about 8 hours and do not pause on my behalf
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

Thanks for letting us know, Dhal.

I'm back from my weekend trip, thanks Commodore for moving the turns along for me over the weekend.

ALL LURKERS, I will be leaving town AGAIN on Saturday, 5/31 through Monday, 6/9. I will be completely out of contact floating on a hunk of metal in the eastern Caribbean so there will probably be some degree of decision making required. I will post in the general forum as well in hopes of getting a sub for the week. If that fails, I would prefer to convert to AI during my vacation rather than hold the game for a week if no one objects. scared

Any interested lurkers, PLEASE let me know. boldlygoingnowhererb at the usual. Thanks!!

I have played my turn, paused the game, and then reloaded it to see if that helps on the connectivity issues some people are having. I won't be surprised if it doesn't help though as I suspect that the issue is that there was a traffic disruption in one of the trans-Atlantic cables owned by Telia a few days ago, and the re-routing done by the various ISP's might be the cause of the troubles.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Are you kidding me! The lengths that people will go to to disrupt this game is incredible. I wonder how much it cost to hire a submersible to go and find and cut that cable.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.