As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I'll need a pause for this turn. My play window is a bit tight right now and I couldn't play last night, heading for work now and won't be back until after the turn is scheduled to roll. Apologies in advance for the inconvenience.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(May 30th, 2014, 05:10)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I'll need a pause for this turn. My play window is a bit tight right now and I couldn't play last night, heading for work now and won't be back until after the turn is scheduled to roll. Apologies in advance for the inconvenience.

I could play for you. devil
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

(May 30th, 2014, 05:42)Gaspar Wrote:
(May 30th, 2014, 05:10)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I'll need a pause for this turn. My play window is a bit tight right now and I couldn't play last night, heading for work now and won't be back until after the turn is scheduled to roll. Apologies in advance for the inconvenience.

I'm sure you are only trying to be helpful in moving the turn pace along and not indulging in some sort of personal revenge against a mapmaker from another game...right? shades

neenerneener

(May 30th, 2014, 05:46)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:

I'm sure you are only trying to be helpful in moving the turn pace along and not indulging in some sort of personal revenge against a mapmaker from another game...right? shades

neenerneener

I do not appreciate these implied assaults on my character when I'm only trying to do what's best for your game. shakehead

lol
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

I approve the idea of Gaspar playing turns for missing players. However, I would like clarification for when exactly that happens. If I know the turn is going to roll at 6:00pm, for example, and get home from work at 5pm, I don't want to come home to find that my turn has been played already.

I think lurkers should only play turns when a player asks for it. I don't think anyone is thinking that lurkers will just play turns if the turn is coming to an end.

btw - do we have a pool going for how many civs commodore will play turns for in this game?
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

(May 30th, 2014, 07:31)AutomatedTeller Wrote: I don't think anyone is thinking that lurkers will just play turns if the turn is coming to an end.

Actually, I was thinking that smile. If you don't want Gaspar to play your turn, don't miss your turn.

As to when, it shouldn't be until after the turn would have rolled on its own, which practically means a pause is involved.

Darrell

(May 30th, 2014, 07:52)darrelljs Wrote:
(May 30th, 2014, 07:31)AutomatedTeller Wrote: I don't think anyone is thinking that lurkers will just play turns if the turn is coming to an end.

Actually, I was thinking that smile. If you don't want Gaspar to play your turn, don't miss your turn.

As to when, it shouldn't be until after the turn would have rolled on its own, which practically means a pause is involved.

Darrell

This is what I would imagine. As soon as the turn would have rolled sans pause, Gaspar can and will play as soon as he is able.

(May 30th, 2014, 07:53)dazedroyalty Wrote: This is what I would imagine. As soon as the turn would have rolled sans pause, Gaspar can and will play as soon as he is able.

That's what I'm thinking too. Unless the player in question has asked for a pause, specifying when they will be playing.
I have to run.

(May 30th, 2014, 06:03)Gaspar Wrote:
(May 30th, 2014, 05:46)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:

neenerneener

I do not appreciate these implied assaults on my character when I'm only trying to do what's best for your game. shakehead

lol

I couldn't play because of a turn split, not because I was too busy to play. And my play window is down to about two hours per evening during the week right now (and for the next two months or so). I'll play as soon as I'm able to and try to keep pauses to a minimum. But no thanks, Gaspar, I can't have you ruining my immaculate micro with your sloppy play. neenerneener I'll have barbs overrunning my cities and who knows what else. Plus I'd have to update my thread regularly for you to see my plans and who has time for that?

Seriously though if it becomes a problem I will post planning and ask for subs if needed, but we're not there yet.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon