As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(May 28th, 2014, 15:16)The Black Sword Wrote: Since this my first check in here; Nice Thread! goodjob I think I might be rooting for Dtay in this conflict though, I'm still sad to see Sleeper burned to the ground and I'm afraid you have similar desires on Jetboy. nono
Tsk! We're killing your murderer, you should rejoice at a justice done!

If its any consolation, if I ever have enough forces to take Jetboy, I probably have enough to keep Jetboy...
[Image: moving_Grizzly_tank.jpg]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

What exactly does Dtay have in Jetboy out of curiosity? Oh and who would let that beautiful city burn to the ground.
nono
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

(May 28th, 2014, 17:29)BaII Wrote: What exactly does Dtay have in Jetboy out of curiosity? Oh and who would let that beautiful city burn to the ground.
nono
Basically *all the dudes*
[Image: 116562.jpg]

You know, don't look now folks but I think Mackoti might be quietly preparing for a Culture Victory. It's a solid shot; only needing 150k culture...far fewer than the roughly 200k more beakers he needs for space. Of course, he also maybe is just being a jerk to Finarry. rolleye

Mackarino is floating a subtle mass of battlewagons up to his Fortress of Romeindia. I'll need to order up a quick raft of them myself once Industrialism comes in, although the insanely mobile destroyers will remain my mainstays this game (Stealth ain't on the radar).

I've yet to see Germany's main battlefleet, but it must be at least salted with destroyers by now; Dtay has Artillery and Mackoti supplies him with oil. My forward elements, then, are remaining stacked and promoted. We don't need a Bismark boondoggle chasing around the North Sea. I've got transports here!

One of those transports is lurking; I hope to make this the first kept capture of the game. W-Town will be an excellent airbase to strike from as well. The gigantic Moai city of Briggs, seen above, is the real prize of the region, but a forward base of operations is always nice.

I might be able to score a raze or two against the northern filler cities; while each dead city is a good thing I'm not mistaking them for vital war assets. The Forbidden Palace center of New Xerxes is the real prize of the north coast. It is well protected but I might be able to generate something with all the heavy operators I have shipped in. Marines and tanks can't come soon enough, folks.

Demos show me still in my solid fourth place, and I'm still second in power as I would hope to be. I should turn on tech and get a gratifying spike next turn, but Industrialism is still an awe-inspiringly huge pile of beakers, it might be hard to break the Plako and Mackoti 4t completion pace.

This begins to feel a little bit like murder. Dtay launched a destroyer from New Xerxes and attempted a breakout. It got spanked like a redheaded stepchild and now the blockade has some destroyed hulks clogging the mouth of the river. Yippie. Sorry buddy, you started it (against somebody else).

The first and most critical battle was the assault against W Town in the trundra of the north. Another infantry had been drafted on the defense, but both were still brought down to 80% by the lead zeppelins.

First fight 32% with an infantry- WIN!
Okay, less worried now 41% with an infantry- LOSE! (only a couple hits)
Er, let's follow up at 88% with the last infantry- LOSE! (redlined)
Insurance cavalry gets 98% odds- WIN!

In honor(ish) of Boldly, newly christened Kamloops only came with one building, but it was the most vital. I should only starve down two sizes.

Rest to follow after sleeping. tongue

Lead Zeppelins...

lol

(May 31st, 2014, 22:37)Commodore Wrote: Rest to follow after sleeping. tongue
...or a busy morning, too. But here's more murder! Youswell hadn't been reinforced, so I slammed a couple transports next door..

...murderlicious! Nothing interesting in these combats; initial scratcher dies, then the rest is wrapping up. I like these battles, because war weariness is definitely being felt empire-wide.

Regrets are for women and Catwalk, though. I'll continue, pulling up beside the lovely Drachma with its single infantry guardian. No airship bombardment can reach these cities, so I just have to sacrifice a first infantry to wound him...

...or that. That works too.

And that concludes the murder portion of Turn 252. Three cities down for Dtay, one up for me.

Check that; two up for me. wink The clams are free of culture, so I figured I'd make a little fortress city at the fore to make benefit Greater Canada! Also, raining death from the skies, healing forces, supporting the eventual land push. I figure this one can be answering Gaspar's request as "Fort" is all this city will ever be.

The tempo in the south is all up to Finarry now, but I can help out a bit. I gave them some assistant transports; I'm sure they'll have no issues figuring out what to do with them.

The north, now, is where my focus shifts. The vast Moai city of Briggs is my primary target in the German island holdings, but it is well defended and will be a tough target to take down. The good news is, blockades mess up the production potential of a moai city pretty solidly. wink

Real fleet elements are now if view; looks like Dtay has been sinking some hammers and coins into giving himself local dominance in the Western Sea. If he'd like, he can kill some of the blockading destroyers near Briggs, but that uncovers his capital and sets fire to a lot of sea assets that, for him, are well neigh irreplaceable.

I love the rushbuy economy: Reason number 2031. Even cruddy little snowball hellholes like Charlottetown can pump out considerable forces near the front. Once Kamloops gets out of revolt it will be even better around here, but for now the money-transfer wonder of US shortens my reinforcement lines considerably.

I really want to cap the two vulnerable little northern neighbors of Briggs; they are pretty swift captures to suppress revolts in, and then I can start rushing tanks right on my front lines. They need a liberal mass of machine guns to hold, but the cool thing is next turn I can wall off this island utterly and no more cavalry or kanone can be built here.

GERMANY: FIVE TURNS OF WAR

Ouch bro.

Siran doctrine op.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

(June 1st, 2014, 14:32)Dp101 Wrote: Siran doctrine op.
It's not even full Sirian yet! Combined arms are the best.

sirian awaits the discovery of flight!