As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I have the Disc PC version and should be unaffected. I'd be happy to share if anyone can tell me how.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

I only have the steam version, which sadly got updated while I was at work.

I have the disc version too, and I can share it with those who can guarantee they have a legit copy of the game.

Send me a PM for a download link and a short instruction for how to install.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I also have the Steam version.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

Boldly and I both run the Steam version. This is ridiculous. What in the hell does the direct IP connection method have to do with swapping out the gamespy matchmaking lobby for Steamworks?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I, too, will hopefully be able to play with somewhat relaxed morals.

(June 5th, 2014, 18:14)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Boldly and I both run the Steam version. This is ridiculous. What in the hell does the direct IP connection method have to do with swapping out the gamespy matchmaking lobby for Steamworks?

Those who have steam should probably complain. Presumably, it was stupidity and they'll reverse it once they get enough outrage - i can't believe that they think Civ IV has enough users that it's revenue generating for them to do this.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

Very glad I don't have Steam right now.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Except that (and playing devils advocate here) the EULA usually includes provisions that you don't legally own the game, you've leased the IP from whoever holds the copyright.

I don't think its wise to advertise complicity in pirating on a public forum, only because of the fuckery the RIAA or whoever else might be pull on the owners of the site/you.

(June 5th, 2014, 18:21)WilliamLP Wrote: I, too, will hopefully be able to play with somewhat relaxed morals.

Morals schmorals. I bought the game on CD right when it came out, bought the warlords expansion on CD, bought BTS on CD, bought the gold version on CD when I broke my CDs the first time, and bought the steam version 2 and a half years ago after I broke my CDs the second time. Ain't buying this damn game again!!