As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

From Sunday - Saturday I'm in Darwin for a couple of conferences. I should have WiFi to play the turns, but who knows if there will be firewall issues or other problems. If I do end up needing lurker assistance I'll say so.

(June 12th, 1974, 20:38)Azza Wrote: From Sunday - Saturday I'm in Darwin ...

Darwin? Why? That is a long way to go?

BTW - where in Oz is home?
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(June 19th, 2014, 11:45)Ruff_Hi Wrote:
(June 12th, 1974, 20:38)Azza Wrote: From Sunday - Saturday I'm in Darwin ...

Darwin? Why? That is a long way to go?

BTW - where in Oz is home?
My guess is the organisers of the conference wanted a tropical holiday. Since I'm in Melbourne and it just started getting genuinely cold, I appreciate the choice of location.

(June 19th, 2014, 02:28)novice Wrote: If the current turn roll time is causing problems, just leave the game paused for a few hours one turn, and the roll time moves. If you're one of the last to play and you don't want to move the roll time forward, you can play without ending turn, leave the timer running, and post here that you're intentionally doing that.

Unfortunately this doesn't work because the turn rolls every ~23 hours real time. That's why I've had to ask each day. I suppose I could hold it for several hours next time, but it's better IMO to just add an hour or two to the timer
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

It's better to have the timer slightly shy of 24 hours and adjusting through pauses than having the timer slightly in excess of 24 hours. In the latter case there's no way to adjust except by shouting at people.

If the turns have consistently lasted less than 23 hours I'm okay with adding one hour to the timer.
I have to run.

Does the timer itself really matter? the turn rolls when all players have played, and if all players complete their turns roughly every 22-23 hours, than extending the timer won't do much more than a pause will do.

(June 19th, 2014, 15:17)novice Wrote: ...there's no way to adjust except by shouting at people.

This is going to be QotM just as soon as I get back to my desktop. Its being taken out of context makes it even better!

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

My missing leaderhead problem is back. I posted in my thread but if Ichabod doesn't see it then Parking is our only hope.

Darrell

(June 19th, 2014, 17:19)GermanJojo Wrote: Does the timer itself really matter? the turn rolls when all players have played, and if all players complete their turns roughly every 22-23 hours, than extending the timer won't do much more than a pause will do.

The idea is that the timer has some effect on when people play, in case some people like to procrastinate their turns or w/e.

Could not play the turn, because it seems that MYKI has forgot to log out and his firewall is blocking me. OH should be able to take care of it though.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3