As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

Geez... now that I look at it closely, what the hell was with that city placement in the first place? Ignoring the fact that it's the pinkest of dots, the placement determinedly ignores two seafood resources. Founding 1N would have given a five resource city, for crying out loud! Or 1E would have given a very respectable 3 resource plains-hill plant.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Turn 77

Seeing this great Gold location unsettled and ignored by Azza is just painful.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5682.JPG]

Barry is - there's really no other way to put it - completely fucked. He just lost his only source of metal at Ville, and his only remaining metal units are 2 Axes. Not a Spear to be seen. shakehead

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5683.JPG]

The Molach-AT front may shortly see a very bloody battle. I'm not sure of the turn order between them, but if Molach is going first then he could feasibly attack AT and inflict decent damage due to his more highly promoted units. Of course this would result in a lot of dead units on his side too. Wonder whether he'll choose to engage or retreat. AT's units:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5684.JPG]

Molach's units:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5685.JPG]

Plako makes a decent bid for the Great Lighthouse.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5686.JPG]

GermanJojo is busy racing settlers to his northwest.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5687.JPG]

Bacchus is yet again in trouble with the barbs. Yes he has an Immortal, but that Warrior has a +75% defensive bonus and could feasibly win with those odds if he decides to engage. I don't think he has Construction, which means he either has to retreat his Worker or take a risky battle. I have to say, I'm rather unimpressed with how Bacchus has handled the barbarians to date. (Recall he let his Cow pasture get pillaged by a roaming Warrior not long ago.)

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5688.JPG]
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Turn 78

Plako gets the Great Lighthouse.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5697.JPG]

Molach brings in reinforcements. Will it be enough?

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5693.JPG]

Azza resettled the same location. duh

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5694.JPG]

Bacchus retreated his Worker due to the barbarian. Hopefully he now has enough units to actually hold barbarians out of his land.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5695.JPG]

Pindicator bides his time waiting to attack Barry's capital.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5696.JPG]
Lord Parkin

Turn 79

Pindicator seems to be struggling to take Barry's capital... I guess that +60% defence is pretty tough, even on flatland. He really needs a quick and decisive victory here though, so as not to drag down his economy nor leave his western flank open to attack from Cyneheard.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5712.JPG]

Dazedroyalty is another one having barb Spear troubles.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5713.JPG]

The Black Sword got his lone source of happiness pillaged by a barb Spear. Seems they're taking everyone by surprise.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5714.JPG]

Ruff will be facing a Spear shortly too.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5716.JPG]

Could be some tension brewing on the Whosit-CheaterHater front soon. They both seem to be vying for the same land right now, judging from their roads. Looks like Whosit will get there first with his Settler, but CheaterHater has the more powerful units around. Will war break out? Stay tuned! smile

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5717.JPG]
Lord Parkin

(June 20th, 2014, 00:41)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Since I feel like I'll be doomed in the long term I'm not terribly worried about planning to maximize mid- and late-game strength

(June 22nd, 2014, 03:08)plako Wrote: That Xenu's plant really pisses me off. For a moment considered giving up and tech HBR. I feel I've no chance to compete from this poistion.

Welcome to the classical age, where everyone is already doomed to lose! Plako and Xenu are both top FIVE by the demos, and yet feel hopeless. It must be tough in murders row, with no safe fronts. Recall the t74 threat map:

Krill and Jooter will join that glut soon, making 6 of the top 10 teams bordering each other... while BGN may as well be on Neptune. By the way, I stand by making Pindicator 'red', he has taken two cities off 'Barry' and will likely raze a third in the next 2 turns. Eventually he'll own the Hindu shrine, which is spreading much better than Buddha thanks to it's central location.

In 20 turns: FinHarry, Pin, Dtay, Krill, Plako, Xenu, Oxy, Jooter all touching each other... while BGN is only touching himself.

By way of predictions:
I see the arctic wall becoming more and more valuable very soon. Krovice, FinHarry and BGN and Jooter will always have a safe front, in the end I think the polar teams will come out ahead. Oxy will hop the canal and annex HitAnyKey, who is looking dangerously behind. Otherwise, Dtay, Plako and Xenu are running out of places to go.

Border Tensions mounting:
CheaterHater - Whosit: All roads lead to doom for Whosit, most of them under the boot of Krovice. But CH is more likely to start the pain train moving.
Azza - Mardoc: Azza's patented grudge-war cometh. Like Whosit, Azza's sharp sticks are pointed toward the less dangerous foe.
Caledorn - BGN: Caledorn is being a pest with a chariot... but I think this one will cool
TBS - Jooter: TBS is settling on Jooter's face, that border won't work for long.
Plako - Xenu: The heavyweight match of the early game. Both of these teams feel trapped, which usually leads to destruction when one of them learns construction.

Quote: while BGN is only touching himself.

You might want to consider re-phrasing that. wink
fnord

oh, I'm sorry, did you think that was an accident?

(June 22nd, 2014, 08:34)Ceiliazul Wrote: while BGN is only touching himself.

lol

(June 22nd, 2014, 08:46)Ceiliazul Wrote: I see the arctic wall becoming more and more valuable very soon. Krovice, FinHarry and BGN and Jooter will always have a safe front, in the end I think the polar teams will come out ahead.

I agree. Why wasn't this a toroidal map, especially given the scale of the game?
Lord Parkin

Turn 80

There was no battle between AT and Molach after all. They made peace for the price of AT gifting Molach his city back.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5729.JPG]

No major moves on the Pindicator-Barry front yet, though Barry seems to be missing an Axe from his capital which was there last turn.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5730.JPG]

dazedroyalty should just manage to kill the barb Spear in time before he falls victim to a pillaged Sheep.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5731.JPG]

Whosit's settler heads south, into potential dramaland.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5732.JPG]

Azza starts to build up a stack to attack Mardoc.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5733.JPG]

Ruff declared war on Q, though I don't see any units on the front.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5734.JPG]
Lord Parkin