As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Well other than the outage going a day longer than expected, things should be back online.

Thanks for your patience all. In case you were wondering, my server and myself have moved back to the NoVA area after a year+ in rural Maryland. The upside of this is that for at least the next few months I won't have any more 'away from computer during the weekend' issues.

I have also switched routers for the time being, though I think I have the ports correctly forwarded and the internal IP reserved. Let me know of course if you're having issues connecting.

Thanks Sunrise, worked fine for me.

Game paused for Scooter, Mackoti and 2MetraNinja with 4:35 on the clock. Shall we see if we can get back to a turn a day?

So Mackoti and Scooter any chance you could play? I really would like this game played through to some winning condition.

Sorry guys, I'll try to get this at lunch.

Honestly, I just have no time whatsoever for this game. I've asked for a replacement and even sought a few out specifically, but it just hasn't come. I'm not really sure what to say, but over half of my last 20 turns I've basically hit enter without even moving anything because I just don't have the time. I'm genuinely happy to concede or draw or whatever it takes to end my involvement in this as fast as possible. I feel bad saying that, but keep in mind we've been at this for 11 months and counting now, which is the longest game we've had here. Most sane projections would have had this game ending in March or something. It's no coincidence that I've basically grown more and more invisible around these forums for the last couple months.

Willing to keep pressing enter and queuing builds, but these slowdowns may continue as long as I'm being relied on to play Viking turns.

I've bumped your replacement post. Just thinking about players from this game have you tried:

Azza, Bacchus, Slowcheetah, Retep, Lewwyn, Bigger, Pindicator?

Anyone heard from/seen Mackoti of late?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I'm universally spoiled so I would need universal approval to take over
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Fine by me, but I think other opinions are more important.

I universally approve any and all substitutions including letting Lord Parkin play out all remaining civs to a victory condition or having Sullla use the current position for an AI tournament.

As a field expedient, I'm okay with it I guess.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.