As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Yeah I don't think we should change the timer now, then change it again, having a few reloads in the process because someone misses the change. 40 hours seems like a reasonable number, and as long as there are no pauses, it should work well enough

(August 8th, 2014, 09:19)yuris125 Wrote: Yeah I don't think we should change the timer now, then change it again, having a few reloads in the process because someone misses the change. 40 hours seems like a reasonable number, and as long as there are no pauses, it should work well enough

Agreed. 24 hours is pretty brutal for turn splits, and I think a consistent 2-day pace is healthy enough; it's when we get unpredictable pauses that games begin to die.

Fixing the 1-at-a-time login is fantastic. Very well done you guys. RB to the rescue.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Thanks for all the hard work for the fix to this issue.

I would be fine with a 36-48h timer in light of the difficulty of managing turn splits.

Setting the timer to 33h (equals out to 36-37 hours) should probably work, unless we are dependent on turn flips at a consistent time of the day/night?
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I think predictable turn rolls were helpful for LP when subbing ?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(August 8th, 2014, 12:51)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I think predictable turn rolls were helpful for LP when subbing ?

This.

Also, I see several people are currently playing but I'm probably going to have to crash the party anyway. My network is going down for at least 24 hours, and with this bunch (they left ME admin rights, talk about negligence) it will probably be much longer so I have to play by 4p EST. Apologies in advance.

Edit: played, no one was in game. Have a great weekend everyone!

If the turn timer is set to a half day increment, then I won't be able to be of much use every other turn. Also probably makes it a bit confusing for players as to when the cutoff is for when I'll autoplay their turns, even on occasions when I can play.

Five hours on the clock with just Jowy and Cyneheard to play. It'll be around 9 hours before I can check again.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Apologies in advance... even though I applied the ingenious fix, I am vacationing with my brother's family at an indoor water park and the firewall at the hotel here does not seem to like anyone else. Will be back home Wednesday so it should have minimal impact.

For whoever bounced off of me, I'm out now.