As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(August 11th, 2014, 20:48)AutomatedTeller Wrote: ahh - thanks. We should probably add that link to the first page of this thread

Done.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Game reloaded from BGN's login autosave.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Is the current display on the pitboss portal correct? Only Jowy and BGN to play now?

I was talking to Boldly about thirty minutes ago, he was headed to bed and probably doesn't know the reload completed or that he needs to play again. He may need a pause tomorrow morning if he doesn't play before he goes to work.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

The portal doesn't handle reloads due to emergency shutdown, crashes or power failures very well, since none of those reasons can be logged (for obvious reasons), and as such should not be trusted for the last player that logged in before such an incident. If a player is logged in when the power fails for instance, the portal will show that player to be online (even though he's not) until he logs in again.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I have played and I was the only one who didn't show up as either played or looked.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

I'll log in in a few minutes to see what needs to be done.

Replayed. Jowy remains, then let it roll!

Boldly can you quit the game if you have played? I can't log in while you are ingame

i think he forgot the game on, he's been "playing" for over an hour after ending turn

(August 12th, 2014, 08:05)Jowy Wrote: i think he forgot the game on, he's been "playing" for over an hour after ending turn

When the game is paused the website doesn't update that he logged out, if he logged out.

Ah, shit. I did log in, play, logout, then logged in to save and walked away. Very sorry.

Give me 10 minutes and I'll run back to my apartment and kill the game.

smoke

I've logged out. Apologies everyone.