As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Can we please try to play our turns more promptly? Having a pileup of latecomers and accompanying tech issues in the final few hours of the turn should be completely unnecessary with a 48 hour timer.
I have to run.

TBS and I were both caught by a late played turn split which led to the other problems. At what point is it fair to skip the player ahead of you in the turn order? 24 hours? 30 hours?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(August 25th, 2014, 12:35)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: TBS and I were both caught by a late played turn split which led to the other problems. At what point is it fair to skip the player ahead of you in the turn order? 24 hours? 30 hours?

Yes.

24 hours. Unless he messages you to say when he'll be playing and that fits your schedule.

We all signed up for 24 hour turns and the reason the clock is 48 now is to let players who are slightly out of sync have a fair go. Not to let everyone have a day and a half to think about each turn.

I have a feeling that the Don't be a Dick rule is being abused. I'm not sure if everyone realizes how important that rule is. Has someone got a link to pb7? (even though it obviously never happened.)

I would say so. Don't be A Dick applies to those in the first half of the timer as well. If they're breaking that decorum by not playing or notifying people then we do need some kind of intervention.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I PMed Furungy about it last turn and it seems we had some confusion regarding the turn split. He played soon after that so hopefully it shouldn't be an issue in the future.

(August 25th, 2014, 10:36)Gawdzak Wrote: You guys want me to try to play for Oxy/BaII?

permanently or just temporarily?

(August 25th, 2014, 14:37)GermanJojo Wrote:
(August 25th, 2014, 10:36)Gawdzak Wrote: You guys want me to try to play for Oxy/BaII?

permanently or just temporarily?

Just this turn, Parkinesque. Besides, it's not like both Oxy/BaII completely disappeared.

If Parkin is busy, I don't mind subbing a turn for people once in a while. I'd rather not take over anything permanently however.

That would be awesome then, thanks Gawdzak!

I'm out, whoever bounced on me.

I get the impression that some players bounce off everyone. If you want me to help troubleshoot that, contact me on Google hangouts, my nick is novice.rb. Bouncing off everyone is going to get more and more bothersome as turns take longer.

(If you're on a work network there's probably nothing that can be done, but if you have a regular ISP and some sort of router / cable modem / wireless router it might be fixable.)
I have to run.