As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(October 26th, 2014, 20:51)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I'll need a pause this turn. I don't have time to play most of the turn tonight, won't be back in front of a computer until tomorrow morning, probably around when the timer would expire. If someone could make sure I have plenty* of time left I'd appreciate it. CH's previous post notwithstanding, the timer was under 24 hours before my part of the turn came around.

*An hour or more remaining would be nice.
I'm sorry xenu--I'm still trying to manage playing within my side of the turn split with trying to communicate with/get help from a partner with relatively low availability. I'll try to be more quick (and decisive) in the future smile

Paused for Xenu.

Thanks Jojo. Played, 1:30 left for Caledorn and Dazed. I didn't see a request for a pause so the clock is still running.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Played, and clock left running.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

This weekend was an insane mix of work (biggest event of the year), school and children and I did not even get a chance to check the forums despite regularly thinking about it while I was on the run. I missed the turn by less than one hour. I understand that it is "my fault" and am not asking for a reload. I am frustrated, tbh, that we've paused many times for many people and the first time I've ever even be close to being late, I missed my turn. I think what surprised me is that no one even messaged me to check in and ask what was up. The turn actually did matter to my game, though I admit that my chances of winning remain basically the same. But given the hectic pace of life, this situation leads me to ask if I really have the time or energy to continue playing.

I'm sorry to hear that, dazed. frown

There is my autosave which is the last one with an hour or so left on the timer. However, I see there have been several people spending a long time in the game in the new turn, so I am not sure a reload would be welcome to them.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I am not asking for a reload. But thanks.

Whoever bounced off me, I'm out. Apologies for the super long time logged in. I meant to log out but left rather quickly to deal with something.

well, now I'm bouncing off someone else.

I'm likely going to need a pause, since I have to go to bed now and there's only 8 hours left.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

I logged out, sorry. Paused the game.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon