As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Someone in CFC have found a reason why the login screen is sometimes empty e.g. when using hotel networks:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.p...ostcount=8

(October 29th, 2014, 12:22)novice Wrote: Dtay, I was stuck for a long time on "Finishing". Then I got in, and you started connecting. Then we went Out of Sync, so I logged out.

Maybe there's a problem on my end, go ahead and do your stuff and I'll try again later.

I was also stuck for a long time on finishing, exited and then tried to reenter, and did so successfully/without problems from my end.

Not sure what any of that means connection-tech wise.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

I'll reboot the server later today. It sounds like it is needed.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I'll reboot the server later today. It sounds like it is needed.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Can someone pause for a few hours? I've been sick the last two days, went to bed a few hours ago tonight and remembered the turn hasn't been played. Not advisable to miss the turn or have a sub play it. Sorry. I can play in the morning, within about eight or nine hours from now. Thanks.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Paused for you, Xenu.

Wetbandit and Caledorn also need to play.

I'm ready to play, but stuck in diplo. Anyone around? I will pause at conclusion, obviously.

Edit: I can probably play within a few hours of Xenu, if he leaves the game unpaused. This means around 8am PDT.

Still around? I can unpause now.

Unpaused; I'll repause in an hour or two if nobody else has logged in by then.

edit: repaused

Whoever tried to connect - im out now
(played from a hotel connection today, perhaps that is why)
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)