As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

Preventing dtay getting that shrine might also be important (I still advocate razing it, to be honest).

Turn 162

Cynheard is our new best friend! Here's a thought - the banana tile is hidden from Pindicator for the next ten turns, we could burn Giedi with enough Knights...

Given your spot with dtay's army though we don't want to be hurting Pindi right now... I wonder if there's any legal way we can tip Pindi off? Moving some Knights west-east through his territory might do it? Offering him Iron is a no-no though I'd imagine. I'm so excited to be planning another naval assault! This is how his army looks at the moment:

Back to our current war: We have nine Knights against thirteen defenders here, so we're not taking the city this turn. Two cats bombard, then two sacrifice themselves, then because all the Axes have been hit at least once the final cat bombards.

Then the procession begins:
C4 Knight vs injured C2 Axe 95%... WIN (one hit)
C3 Knight vs Archer 96%... FLAWLESS WIN
C2 Knight vs Archer 91%... WIN!
C2 Knight vs Axe 91%... WIN and killed Ivan the terrible (1 hit)
C2 Knight vs Axe 96%... FLAWLESS WIN
C2 Knight with promo held back (for Amphi) vs Archer 96%... WIN (down to 5.5)
C2 Knight with promo held back vs Archer 97%... WIN (one hit)
C2 Knight with promo held back vs Archer 97%... WIN (4 hits)
Green Knight vs Archer 94%... WIN (one hit)

Kirby could finish the NE by hiring a citizen this turn, I thought this wasn't necessary, but second thoughts are:

Gertie is at 168/400 and is producing 13 GPPs so the Engineer/Merchant will arrive eot179. If we take it off the mine and add another Merchant it makes 16 GPPs and pops eot176. If we lose a cottage for a spy too it becomes eot174.

Kirby is also at 168/400, with the NE it can produce 20 GPPs, meaning the 400 GP Spy/Scientist would arrive eot174 if the NE completed this turn. Adding a temple or a theater would mean 26 or 32 GPPs and the 500 GP would arrive eot177. Third thoughts involve our attack on dtay, and whether a pacifism-caste push in the middle of that would be a good idea...

Demos and power

Sharp eyes Fintourist! I'm not sure I agree with all your staging points though, especially if dtay doesn't have Optics. I've numbered mine here:
- 1 - This city is very well defended now, but may empty as dtay makes progress through Pindicator's land
- 2 - Only one Archer to kill here smile
- 3 - Agrees with your stage A smile - targeting three (currently) poorly-defended cities
- 4 - A hybrid of your B & C - allowing us to use as many units as needed on Regacha before sending the rest to Tarkir
- 5 - A similar approach - with five move galleons it might only take one unit to take Pyrulea, then they can hit Ravnica..
- 6 - Same principle again, Lorwyn and Mercadia.
If he does have Optics then we need to use your B, C, D and E. A and F won't work.

I think we're going to see Oromo Warriors in the coastal cities in the near term, but all that means is we need more units hammer.

Fintourist's plan is to burn core coastal cities and capture CH's former lands. If we can get to Military Science then Commando Knights (we have one that is 2XP short right now) would be a massive help doing that. Unfortunately there are still a couple of stacks of Knights and Cats in his land that could cause us trouble with that goal. I'd like to take and keep former-CH-land, but I think it's more likely that we burn about half his coastal cities to prevent him building a fleet to dispute our naval domination. This version of events makes a BGN win or dogpile more likely while us and dtay batter the shit out of each other...

Ways to lull dtay into a false sense of security:
- Stop spending EPs on him. Let him get research visibility on us, so he can see we don't go for Astro. If we put them all on Pindicator it could make dtay think we're going to dogpile him...
- 1-turn Astro, as near to the attack date as possible. Already in hand
- Keep fighting Azza. As long as it seems like we're still slogging through him dtay is less likely to worry about us.

For info, this is what we're building now. Also from Azza's lands it'll take our Knights four or five turns to get back to the east coast, so we may have to cut and run before we can finish him off anyway.

Woooo! Blood! Blood and Glory!

It would be a bit amusing if Azza keeps living because your other neighbors keep giving you more tantalizing opportunities.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Poor Azza ... this is exciting though; those naval opportunities look wicked!

I think we can sneak a 3 move galley north from hazelnut. FT if you get the chance tomorrow morning could you switch h to a galley?

(November 15th, 2014, 19:25)Old Harry Wrote: I think we can sneak a 3 move galley north from hazelnut. FT if you get the chance tomorrow morning could you switch h to a galley?

I was wondering if this was too suspicious, but in the end I did the change.

I've been thinking about how to warn pindicator, and here is the best idea I've got so far:
- Starting next turn we 2-turn a galley in Gertie and Pike in Daisy (T163-164)
- T155 Pike is boarded onto Galley
- T156 Pike is unloaded in pindicator's city and we start moving it towards East
- T157-158/9 Pike moves towards pindi/dtay border and Hindu shrine and we gift the unit to pindicator and hope that he get the message..

Whether we want to do that of course depends on how we think that potential dtay-pindi war would go, would pindi understand the reason for our unit gift etc. Well, I need to think about this..

I like your staging tiles if dtay does not get Optics. He currently still lacks Compass so we might know if this is the case already well before we need to stage our units.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Hmm. When I actually checked I see that the tile I thought was hidden isn't. We will be able to smuggle 5-move Galleons out of Hazelnut though, so once we have Astro we can upgrade or build them.

I changed the build back to be a pike... smoke

I like the idea of warning Pindicator, but that plan slows down the uni build (and so oxford) by two turns and it'll be five or six turns before the message is sent - surely dtay will have made the attack by then?

Turn 163

Perhaps Cynheard has enough cats to defend Arrakis now, although Pindi has eight healthy Knights in range as well as this stack of CKN and injured Knights.

On t165 we expect these Knights to become Cavalry yikes. We could gift our scout to Pindi next turn, or we could gift him on Pindi's dtay border on t167. Which may not give the right message or may be too late...

Also: Is this the last barb on the map?

I bombarded AB down to 10% to give our knights an extra 1% or so...
C4 Knight vs Archer 97%... WIN (one hit)
C4 Knight vs Archer 97%... FLAWLESS WIN
C2 Knight vs Archer 97%... WIN (two hits)
C2 Knight vs Archer 91%... WIN (three hits)
And captured AB, pillaging 72 gold and getting a Granary smile.

We have seven Knights poised to take D'oh next turn, with another couple in reserve if needed (but with only an Axe and four Archers to kill we might not take any casualties again).

Quincy!

I switched our EPs away from dtay to spread over Krovice, BGN, Pindi, German Joey and TBS. BGN is on compass now. Only two questions remain:
- Should Englebert switch to a Galley? The university isn't needed for Oxford...
- Should Marmalade whip the galley, overflow, whip the next galley and let it queue upgrade?

Demos and power

Gifting the scout sooner rather than later will probably give Pindicator the message he needs reconnaissance, the direction should be obvious, just as effectively - sooner.

I'm not sure about the ethics of such a move, however. Though it doesn't appear to be explicitly against the rules, it seems to be the intention of the rules that do exist that communication simply not be possible. I'd maybe ask the lurkers (ahem) if they think the move is legitimate.