As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Thanks Fin!

I'm finished and out. Gavagai still to play and per the note above I've left it unpaused. I'll check in an hour or so and go back in and repause if still pending.

Under one hour, timer looks like it's still rolling. Gavagai?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

going back in to repause.

edit - nope, he's in there.

Did we adjust the timer to get it closer to an actual 48 hours? It seems like we are needing to pause at the end of the turn fairly regularly lately and the turn rolling a little earlier each day probably isn't helping.

No, I didn't make any changes to the timer. What was it, add two more hours or something?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Just a heads up to those I'm in a turnsplit with, I haven't had time to play this turn due to exams, probably won't get to it until there's ~17 hours left on the clock.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

(December 14th, 2014, 14:23)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: No, I didn't make any changes to the timer. What was it, add two more hours or something?

I think the timer should be 44 hours at this stage

Remember that the turn timer change occurs from the turn *after* it's been modified. Just as an FYI.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I forgot to change it yesterday when doing the pb21 reload, I'll try to remember tonight when I'm home from work.

I've set the turn timer to 44 hours. If that seems too long next turn let me know and I'll scale it down. The previous setting was at 40 hours.