As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] This Land is Your Land, This Land is My Land. But Mostly Mine.

(November 18th, 2014, 17:05)Ceiliazul Wrote: You'll have more lurkers soon, players are dropping left and right! Down to 24 now including lurk civ

(November 18th, 2014, 17:05)Harvey Dent Wrote:

I make my own luck lurkers...

T164

Commodore, my schedule has changed so it looks like I may be able to play the next turn after all. I'll let you know for sure later this week, but I'll be home Friday. Anyway, in case I can't play...

Spreading Taoism. Commodore, you can dump the missionary in Blue next turn. Keep moving the galley south, I'll be building an island city in the far southern tundra as a crumple zone in case OH/Fin want to invade in the future. It will pay for itself with trade routes.

I've tried to keep workers busy and I've left signposts for odd jobs here and there. Don't lose a lot of sweat over a lost worker turn here and there, I have plenty of extra capacity.

Keep a wary eye on wetbandit. He's building up a decent knight stack in Numberwang. It scares me less there than in Press Your Luck, which could attack me in one turn, but at ruinous cost. I don't see a massive collateral stack, which is what I've been looking out for, so I think I'm fine. Very likely, wetbandit is just building knights because he has to, and this is the only border he has, aside from the only Xenu city that is likely to escape plako. Just keep bouncing the chariot back and forth toward Nakor's border and see if anything looks fishy.

I'm keeping an eye on Ruff. I think he's likely to take another swipe at Q before too long.

I've queued builds in most cities. In a couple I couldn't queue the next build (library--> RI) but I've left signposts.

Looking better. Keep saving gold until Oxford finishes.

That's a lot of cash! When Oxford is online, how long with your burn be and what can you tech?

(November 19th, 2014, 00:37)Ceiliazul Wrote: That's a lot of cash! When Oxford is online, how long with your burn be and what can you tech?

To be honest, I haven't figured ahead at all due to lack of time in the last week. I'm just not in a huge hurry for anything right now, except for printing press which I went ahead and researched. I'll want all of astronomy, which I'll get first for a capital observatory and galleons, military tradition second to put up West Point in the HE for 4 promo mounted, and then rifling to build Cossacks. I imagine I'll have a little extra after that and will see if dtay is racing for Communism. If he is I doubt from now that I can beat him but I can probably keep him from getting the Communism GSpy as well as the GS at Physics. I'll keep an eye on the tech screen for his progress.

I could start running wealth to maybe best him but the game is going to continue for quite a while yet and buildings are still a good investment. I'm just now starting to get a leaner economy with courthouses, banks, etc. I'll want more of these for a while yet and then make the switch to free religion for the bonus beakers. Not quite yet though. Trade routes are quite lucrative, so even hammer cities are making a case for the occasional gold modifier because I get a discount on RIs and observatories, so I'll want to overbuild those and try to average a higher tech slider.

I'm not dead yet, just playing reporting possum recently. A combination of more work and less trust of competitors is mostly responsible for the negligently absent reporting. Sad but whatever. I'm not looking to make waves and won't comment on my sensitivity so as to avoid making waves. I have pics in the vault and I'll post them when I get a chance. Things look ok for now. There have been a lot of GGs spawned in the last turn or so, at least 10 by my count, but some of the fights near me, particularly wetbandit vs. nakor have not been very productive. I still have options but I'll hold plans close to the vest for a little while.

Spam here for more information! wink

Spamspamspam!

hammerhammerhammerhammerhammer

[Image: spam.jpg]
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

(December 13th, 2014, 01:11)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: some of the fights near me, particularly wetbandit vs. nakor have not been very productive.

That sounds like the sort of thing that leads to you eating both popcorn
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker