As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

I really like dtays read on the metagame, looks like he's willing to get out of the war with FinHarry without going into total grudge mode.

(December 18th, 2014, 12:36)novice Wrote: Time to pile on.

Dogpile now fully engaged. Krill is about to cut dtay in half, Badass wants to commando his shrine and pindicator is on the rampage across the channel.

Whither Plako? Dtays northern island has to be exposed.

And BGN is being coy, but seems engaged. Can he turn the corner and finally own his continent?

Dang this game is fun! popcorn

(And as ever, dtay thanks for being a good sport. Im still rooting for you to win one, but this dogpile is pretty much unprecedented in the CTON era. Plus, blood.)

OMG it's started. Successful dogpile?

I'm going to say that Dtay has made a critical mistake of not swapping to Nationalism and whip-drafting a Krovice deterrant army. He mused about it, but didn't do it. A painful choice to be sure but he likely would have successfully translated that tech advantage into a dominant land advantage.

Now his forced cash upgrading + costal city losses are going to kill both.

Kudos to Team Badass for initiating what could be a fatal bloody nose contrary to established self-interest.

(December 18th, 2014, 12:54)Ceiliazul Wrote: (And as ever, dtay thanks for being a good sport. Im still rooting for you to win one, but this dogpile is pretty much unprecedented in the CTON era. Plus, blood.)

Seconded. Dtay is an amazing competitor.

(December 18th, 2014, 13:00)MindyMcCready Wrote:
(December 18th, 2014, 12:54)Ceiliazul Wrote: (And as ever, dtay thanks for being a good sport. Im still rooting for you to win one, but this dogpile is pretty much unprecedented in the CTON era. Plus, blood.)

Seconded. Dtay is an amazing competitor.

Thirded. I'm amazed at how well dtay is reacting to this.

The guy is a true gentleman! hatsoff

And Cynehead/Dreylin's stack has yet to join the party.

Dtay will be kicked clean off the continent if Pinid + Dreylin maintain cooperation. *IF* they maintain cooperation. Some dark thoughts are going to circulate around that shrine.

Also the recent success and participation of Krill might give them further pause, since it's no longer likely pind is just going to roll over.

(December 18th, 2014, 13:25)Hesmyrr Wrote: Also the recent success and participation of Krill might give them further pause, since it's no longer likely pind is just going to roll over.

The shrine is back in pin's hands to 4th ring culture and probably not even in revolt. Pin still has ~7 turns of peace to wheel and get ready for dreylins forces... so dreylins hands may be tied for now, but he sure as heck shouldnt be helping at this point. And he hasnt yet declared on dtay, afaik.

I haven't been following this game closely lately, but I popped into pindicator's thread and saw this (bolded text for emphasis):

(December 17th, 2014, 20:55)pindicator Wrote: I lost 2 swords on the attack, and had odds in the 90s after that. I wish I could spam swords still -- can I unlearn Civil Service?

sword vs CG rifle (6.0 v 10.76) 3%
- loss, rifle to 40hp

sword vs C1 rifle (6.0 v 10.0) 3.8%
- loss, rifle to 55hp

CR2 sword vs 55hp C1 rifle (6.0 v 4.15) 94.5%
- win, 5hp left

C1 sword vs 40hp CG rifle (6.6 v 4.3) 90.9%
- win, 79hp left

85hp C1 sword vs 25hp rifle (5.61 v 2.5) 98.8%

I don't think this would have been said in a BtS game! Does this mean swordsmen are viable units in their role now? Also, talk about bringing swords to a gun fight....

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Well, dang. So much for global lurker omniscience. Krill must have just been waiting for more evidence of commitment.

I don't think Dtay is actually out of this yet, myself. If anyone can pull it out from a dogpile like that, it'll be him. But...he shoulda hit Krill, not Pindicator wink.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker