As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Okay, paused with 1h25 on the clock, and I'll try and pause-skim my turn. Let me know if anyone gets stuck in diplo.

Thanks OH.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I appreciate this. I wasn't able to play yesterday and won't be able to get to it for at least another two or three hours from now. I'll pause-skim the turn as well when I play, as I usually eat up a decent amount of clock in game on a regular turn.

Also, GG Azza. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

I am sorry to say I am going to have to officially withdraw from this game. Mackoti signed up to sub through Christmas--unfortunately, my availability has not improved in the new year. I am fine with any solution to covering my turns that the rest of the players in the game are agreeable to. I'm sorry to bow out -- I genuinely wish I had the time to continue to play.

(January 7th, 2015, 15:50)dazedroyalty Wrote: I am sorry to say I am going to have to officially withdraw from this game. Mackoti signed up to sub through Christmas--unfortunately, my availability has not improved in the new year. I am fine with any solution to covering my turns that the rest of the players in the game are agreeable to. I'm sorry to bow out -- I genuinely wish I had the time to continue to play.

That's a shame. Mackoti - would you like to take over or do we need a permanent sub?

GG Dazed and Azza.

Game is paused, 45m remain. Dazed's civ (mack, once more into the breech?) and Ruff still to play. Gavagai did not end turn. Actually, Gavagai rolled the last turn so he has not yet played this turn either.

Ruff, are you still having computer problems? Gavagai, what's holding you up nearly every turn?

My PC is back. New CPU heat sink is keeping my temps in the 30s. Playing now. I'm not back in the swing of regular turns.

Edit: Played. Knocked 37sec off the clock.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Hey, we've been paused for 24 hours with no news from Gavagai - should we get back to the previous rules we were using? No pause request means you don't get a pause and pauses don't last more than 24 hours.

Even if we want some more lenient rules now that we're down to only 23 players rolling the turn for Gavagai probably won't be a problem - I don't think he's at war right now.

Looks like Gavagai last visited the forum yesterday. Want to give him or a kind lurker another, say, six hours or so and then let it roll?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon