As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(January 18th, 2015, 18:04)Molach Wrote: It seems to be down frown

Confirmed, I can't connect to the game to play my turn. Got connected to the server to look into it, for some reason the server rebooted. I'm reloading all the games now.

Molach, I'll pause after I play my turn. There's no need for anyone to miss a turn over a technical issue beyond their control.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Game is back online. I'll play and pause for Molach.

Edit: Paused, under 4 hours on the clock.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Lurker civ still hasn't ended turn, BTW. (Not the last, just keep a lookout in case.)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I see the Khmer have to play too and I guess mack's already done his duty. I think someone playing the turn could make things a bit more difficult for me though. In the interest of keeping the game moving, I'd suggest leaving the timer running and

1. If a lurker could log in before it rolls, that would be great.

2. If not, I'll delete a musket somewhere in compensation.

If anyone objects, leave the game paused. Hopefully we can find someone for next turn, there'd only be a few more left.

You've probably got a good idea of what you'd lose against a proper player so fine with me if you make that call and delete what you think needed. Since we've already had an AI in the game I don't think anyone will get too hung up about the dying turns of the Khmer being a bit easy for you.

Although would turning them over to AI be better than just leaving everything fortified?

I have no complaints either way. AI means cheap unit upgrades if any are available. I don't think this is an issue. But thanks for good sportsmanship.

I can play the last few turns for the Khmers. (and end turn for the lurker civ while I'm at it)

Done and paused for Molach.

(January 18th, 2015, 20:24)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Molach, I'll pause after I play my turn. There's no need for anyone to miss a turn over a technical issue beyond their control.

Thanks a million.

New turn is upon us.

(I could have played my turn earlier, so I should have avoided the technical issue altogether with some care. I'll embetter myself to play as soon as I can)
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

Thanks Gawdzak.

Cannot connect through WilliamLP (who seems to be connected for over 12 hours). Will try to play tonight, but will need a pause if it doesn't happen