As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

What I would love to lurk..

I've been thinking about posting my mostly pointless wish list regarding what kind of MP games I would love to see happening at RB. Some of the setups I would maybe even be willing to play myself if the RL would allow it crazyeye As said, the below list is mostly for my own entertainment, but maybe it can spur some discussion and give ideas for future events.

1. Duel tournament
- It has been a good while since the last RB duel tournament. Mirrored duel maps provide a chance for fair competition and it would be a good fun to see who prevails in e.g. a 16 player single/double elimination bracket. New interesting maps designed for each round, BTS or RBMod/RtR, some flavor for picking method, etc.

2. Massive Pitboss in co-operation with other Civ MP sites
- PB18 is still ongoing and I'm not aware of how various players and lurkers think about the game. But for me personally a large number of players is something that makes the game interesting. What I also consider interesting is seeing how different play styles clash and how well-known players compete with fresh faces. RB is not the only site that still has competitive MP games ongoing. E.g. Civforum.de has a massive 50+ player Pitboss in progress. I think with some advertising it might be possible to gather a good pool of reliable players and organize another massive showdown.

3. Vet Pitboss
- We organize separate green games, but otherwise everyone is welcome to join any other games. However, I would love to see e.g. a ~10 player Pitboss consisting of top RB players (say, players who come to mind when you try to name 20 best players in our community).

There are a fair few other interesting concepts such as the smurf game, modern start game as suggested by Tasunke and various team games, but I won't make my list too long..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

By the power vested in me by being a forum member able to post, I hereby declare you authorized and permitted to host/sponsor/initiate any and all such games!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I'm grateful for the power given to me! But yeah, I might as well contribute and kick off things if enough people express preliminary interest in playing in some of the aforementioned games.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I like no. 2 as a way to interact with other sites in a hopefully positive manner. Up to now the intersite games have been site vs. site; this sounds like it would be sites working together to set up a game their individual members could play in, which could be a lot of fun, and hopefully build relationships. You could even do it where each team consists of a player from the one site and a co-player/dedlurker from the other, to try and enhance the connections being made. Anyway, good ideas, Fintourist!

(April 4th, 2015, 07:12)Fintourist Wrote: 3. Vet Pitboss
- We organize separate green games, but otherwise everyone is welcome to join any other games. However, I would love to see e.g. a ~10 player Pitboss consisting of top RB players (say, players who come to mind when you try to name 20 best players in our community).

Who says A, must also say B. Where is the list? popcorn

^ +1 to tier list. tongue

I guess every thread turns eventually to a tier list :P I fear my RB community knowledge is too limited for providing my own though.. neenerneener
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Make your own! Or better, rank people according to some arbitrary factor. Like naming schemes; we really need a tier list for naming schemes
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(April 4th, 2015, 10:51)Fintourist Wrote: I guess every thread turns eventually to a tier list :P I fear my RB community knowledge is too limited for providing my own though.. neenerneener

Lack of knowledge is no barrier to posting a tier list. tongue
fnord

(April 4th, 2015, 11:51)Thoth Wrote: Lack of knowledge is no barrier to posting a tier list. tongue

Truer words never spoken. wink
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?