As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] joey and scooter's thread: FUN THINGS ONLY

Hak and Jowy hardly had the starting land of ONE civ between them. They both voted duel-sized land in the startup thread, and Commodore the Coalraked gave them a duel within the greater menagerie. Which may not be fair, but the expectation was that this game would die be lucky to make it to the classical era so why not let the boys play!

And who needs uranium anyway... smoke

Hmmm, I had to play this turn twice because of the strength of BGN's wife's pull on his ear appears to be stronger than his 8M soldier points. Who knew?

I saw some interesting stuff the first time I played - Old Harry had a big stack of destroyers, transports, galleons, and bomber-laden carriers sitting outside of TBS's city of Lashing, but this stack was gone when I played the second time. IIRC, they hadn't finished playing their turn the first time time through, asked BGN to pause, and then the turn rolled. So, I have no idea what actually happened to this stack. TBS had enough military on hand to defend himself but not enough to attack out I think... *shrug*

TBS did ask for help, in the form of a 1000 gold for 100gpt loan. Unfortunately, he caught me as I was finishing Artillery, so I had only 114 gold banked at the start of turn. I did gift him 3 of my 18/2 XP infantries, upgrading them to C1 CG3 + two at G1 and one with Pinch (two of his legendaries are on hills, one is not). I've very interested to see his response to this (and OH/FT's, if they figure out where these troops come from) Will TBS offer me gold for more? Will he request some other form of troop? (e.g. leave a unit type on a tile with one of the gifts) Will he just take them without any noticeable response? Will he railroad towards me? (I wasn't able to get very far in his territory because he doesn't have a rail network up) Empty his garrisons near our border? There are many possibilities.

T231.

For this interactive turn report, please press play on the following youtube video before clicking on the spoiler block, which contains today's update.

[Image: 8fYIPsd.jpg]

[Image: wffeLz8.png]

[Image: 5DWv4t1.png]

[Image: GtUoA9M.png]

[Image: fMlVHgB.png]

[Image: v9n7G5u.gif]

[Image: LxzSPN0.png]

[Image: QdO4K3y.jpg]

[Image: 4jdPDqP.png]

[Image: q05WI4N.png]

[Image: yZANpZX.jpg]

[Image: dAxZTuY.png]

[Image: U8t8hC1.png]

[Image: NJ5gPjE.png]

[Image: U8t8hC1.png]

[Image: 6VjXQeD.jpg]

Or, how to tell if the #1 power civ is about to invade you, the book of the movie. Needless to say, I immediately canceled OB (at a cost of 86gpt, ugh) and loaded three amphib-able Infantries onto a nearby galleon, ready to raze the city next turn if he doesn't get the message and delete the units. I also sent him a "Iron + three nearby cities" diplo offer so he should perfectly understand what the hubbub is about. Biology is getting pushed back again in favor of Combustion - I'll have destroyers in 3 turns if I can secure a small loan (1000g at 18% interest, a pittance compared to our earlier deals) from Krill, otherwise 4. MY HUGE COMMANDO STACK MIGHT BE HEADING TOWARDS A CERTAIN DIRECTION AS WELL, CAN YOU GUESS WHERE, HERE'S A HINT, ITS HEADING TOWARDS BGN'S FUCKING BORDERS.

TBS did not respond in any way to my gifts, by the way. =/ It looks like OH finally invaded him for real last turn, razing three cities on his west coast, far away from the Legendaries. Some sort of feint, perhaps? It looks like they used their bombers to destroy the roads leading to that city... perhaps they want to establish some sort of forward base? But then why raze the city, won't TBS' culture on the tiles prevent them from settling at all? (although I guess if they were BGN they'd be immune to this factor LOL)

(April 28th, 2015, 01:23)GermanJoey Wrote: MY HUGE COMMANDO STACK MIGHT BE HEADING TOWARDS A CERTAIN DIRECTION AS WELL, CAN YOU GUESS WHERE

I cant quite put my finger on it....

(April 28th, 2015, 01:23)GermanJoey Wrote: HERE'S A HINT, ITS HEADING TOWARDS BGN'S FUCKING BORDERS.

Ooooh! popcorn

BGN settled the site and sent me a diplo offer of all my HAK-island cities for his new city of "Live Free Or Die." Holy shit dude, a slap in the face on top of a slap in the face on top of a slap in the face. I am going to fuck you up!

BGN started flaming me in my PB25 thread over PB18, and then started flaming me via PM. I am not going to post the PM here, but he told me that I need to have "empathy" and how he saw the site as "open land" and that if I want to "threaten him" that I better get a "real fucking army." Jesus Christ he is out of his goddamn mind.

A turn report: he upgraded that rifle into an infantry and then airlifted another in. I declared war. First amphib lost but maimed, second lost a 50% battle, third won. I think I should clear the city next turn no problem. Elsewhere, I picked off a few stray units and and there, and killed a couple of his galleons with some stranded frigates before deleting them. He's got destroyers blocking all of my cities on the southern coast of HAK's continent but I defended as best I could. Krill came through with the loan, and so I'll have destroyers of my own in 2. I've got many, many ironclads really to queue-upgrade - we'll see how he likes actually fighting a "real fucking army" instead of always getting to pick off civs 2 eras behind him.

T233.

I took back the city, but in return he razed my pig settlement on HAK island, threw down a ton of annoying blockades, and killed some other scattered units. I sent him peace; if he doesn't take it, I'll have a bunch of destroyers next turn and should eventually be able to push him back unless he brings his full military at me; after that, I can start sniping his shit with Commandos on transports.

I get the impression that he thought that since he's bigger and stronger, I was essentially a non-entity in his decision-making process. Like, as if he has a piece of paper in his hands with a number on it and so do I, and his number is bigger so therefore I don't exist. He's guess he's been used to that this game, his conquests have all been so weak. However, I am not so weak and I'm not inclined to not do what I want because of threats, idle or otherwise. Being dismissed summarily like that is the most infuriating thing!

Well, it is a time-honored tradition to go for the low-hanging fruit. In fact, that is usually how people win games, since fighting someone equal to you just wastes resources and allows someone else to leap-frog you.